Sheboygan, Sat. july 30th

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Sheboygan, Sat. july 30th

Postby Northerner » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:28 am

There are a few things falling into place to set us up for a thermal bump tomorrow. I’m thinking at this point we will get a few hours of rideable wind in the late morning/ afternoon. Only thing I don’t like is the marine forecast given for Sheboygan south, the rest I like. I’m guessing winds tomorrow of 16-22 kts if it does pop.

I’ll update as things change and more data enters the command center
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Re: Sheboygan, Sat. july 30th

Postby manasty » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:54 pm

Sheriff, or anyone else, what do you think about LSP saturday afternoon? Maybe sunday too? Sorry if this is a hijack.
manasty
Board Monkey

Postby Bob » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:40 pm

andrew...if the bump looks legit, let me know. thanks bro.

go sheboygan.
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Wind Whore

Postby Northerner » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:09 am

I just checked the forecast and from what I’m seeing I think we will have wind, but I say that without full confidence. Everything I like see is present for a thermal pop. But the reality is all forecasts are calling for only 5-10, meaning that over all there is not a lot of energy in the air today. If the marine forecasts were 10-15 I would offer to pay peoples gas if they didn’t ride, but 5-10 is much more of a gamble.

Though, if the fond du lac meter hits SW at 10 plus we will be riding.

I really do think though I will be kiting powered on my 13 for around 2-3 hours today, sometime between 12:30 and 5:30. Now we will just have to wait and see.
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby Northerner » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:42 am

White Caps, Heading down as it is on
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby anderson » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:07 pm

solid 20kts.

I wish I was there. Andrew, you gotta set up your own wind forecast.
---------------------------
North TeamRider 134
SS fuel 11m,9m,7m
Eclispe thruster 14m
---------------------------

Go big crawl home
anderson
Resident Windfreak

Postby Northerner » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:42 am

The wind yesterday came to Sheboygan dressed to impress. I got down to the beach around noon and could see that a good day was in store. Mario pulls up and the has made the drive hoping to get a nice afternoon of kiting in. Unknowingly he has brought with him two of my favorite beers. One a old friend from the summer I lived in Poland and the other Sing ha from Thailand, which I drank by the gallons in Bangkok. He did his part, so now Sheboygan needed to turn that 5-10 forecast in a party, and party we did.

We ended up with around 4 hours of ridable wind, with everyone on 10-14 meter kites switching between big and small boards. The water was super flat and wind smooth with it being light at times on the inside but never gusty. Wind line would drift in and out throughout the afternoon.

At around 5:30 a big black front came over totally contrasting the bright sunny skies above. Wind came up to NE 25 plus for around 30-45 minutes. As the sunny skies returned Dalius and I jumped on our small kites, 8 meter for me and went out and hit some loops. Day ended with most people getting the some of the best tacos this side of the boarder.

I believe we will get wind again today, late morning and early afternoon till about 3, but it does depend on the storms and clouds, though at this point it looks good.
See link below:
http://www.wisconline.com/weather/frame ... sible.html
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby maly » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:53 pm

No wonder he is the Sheriff , that man knows this place... here is what he posted Saturday morning ".... I will be kiting powered on my 13 for around 2-3 hours today, sometime between 12:30 and 5:30..." So I show up at 12:30 in Sheboygan and find Andrew pumping his kite and no wind !!!! At 1:00 pm I'm riding my 14m decently powered up for the next 3 hours !!! ,and the wind was smooth , and there was no crowd , and there were pretty women on the beach ( I would say HOT , but I believe one of them was Sheriff's wife so I'm not going to risk it :-) ), totally worth the drive.

M

Sheriff - He doesn't predict the wind.... he makes the wind :-)
Mario
maly
Adrenaline Junkie

Return to Where to Ride Today