sheboygan today 8/19

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

sheboygan today 8/19

Postby Northerner » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:58 am

Seeing nice caps out on the water now and looking like a perfect forecast for sheboygan to get its blow on today.

Prediction: Riding by 11:45 starting on a 13 and moving down to an 11 around 1-2ish. Wind will blow until 5:30ish
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Re: sheboygan today 8/19

Postby jdsoohoo » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:16 pm

On that friday me and a friend were camping up in sleeping bear dunes near traverse city. Found an awesome spot in sleeping bear bay - wind was good starting at like 9am onwards!
Last edited by jdsoohoo on Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jdsoohoo
Board Monkey

Re: sheboygan today 8/19

Postby Northerner » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:48 am

Sleeping bear area is one of the nicest areas in the Midwest. Rode that area last August and kicking myself for not getting over there this summer. I would have shot over there this week but family is in town. Again to bad the ferry is so much around $ 320 for two people and car RT.

Last friday brought nice winds on the inside here that had most people on 11- 14 meter kites. Alittle lite at times but the water was warm and the wind smooth. The last three times we have had wind, including this monday on a 5 mph forecast, the wind has been right near shore and around 15-20. Seems now that the cold water is gone the once common and powerful outside wind line is having a hard time making an appearence.
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Return to Where to Ride Today