Weekend Oct 7th 8th

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Re: Weekend Oct 7th 8th

Postby skysurfr » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:11 am

Same fartcast as yesterday. Michigan got downgraded. Waukegan blew all night and shutoff when the sun came up.

Hrm......
Mike

2007- Naish Thorn, Torch 16/12, 2008 10M Alliance. '07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish Midwest Team. GoPro Cameras! Red Helmet and Fashionable Football Shirt. :-)
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Postby Safe_Cracker » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:52 am

Too warm, look for a cold front and we'll be good then lol.

Polo
I could be wrong, but not usually

:)-~
Safe_Cracker
Kite Dominator

Postby jarch » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:54 pm

Damn good two days in Sheboygan. Heading back now....sore, tired, and full from the Super Burrito from Guadalajara. Gotta love July days on the beach!
jarch
Boosticus Maximus

Postby Pier » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:29 am

Great day in Sheseblowing yesterday.

It felt like being in July: warm, sunny, classic weird wind setup...great scenario as always.

Cool seeing that many kites in the water and the classic grin on everyone's face knowing that they are in the right spot.

By the way, It appears that IVO changed his mind and now he is kiting again!

Welcome back buddy!
Pier Paolo - six3o 6four0 2o8seven
Pier
Master of Kite

Postby V » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:06 pm

Definitely a good wknd seeing the crew and sharing the brew...like summer! Crazy
V
Unstrapped!

Postby Northerner » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:02 pm

Got five hours of great riding in today. Wind was a bit lighter then yesterday but very clean and strong near the shore. Wind was up high but still enought for relaunch and the water smooth with ankle high chop. 6 from the sheboygan crew were out enjoying another perfect summer day. Most guys on 12 and 14 meter kites, over beers we decided that it was the best of the three days riding wise. Great time this weekend seeing everyone and hanging. Lets do it again next weekend
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby jensmadwind » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:12 am

am i missing something? on a weekend when the meter says the wind did not get above 16 and yesterday"the best day of kiting all weekend" it did not get above 10 are you risking your credibility?
10 mph?
jensmadwind
Zen Levitator

Postby jarch » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:03 am

Jens...we all pretty much came to the conclusion that the meter is broken.
jarch
Boosticus Maximus

Postby jensmadwind » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:55 pm

just like to give andrew sh-t
10 mph?
jensmadwind
Zen Levitator

Postby Northerner » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:16 pm

I'm not sure if the wind meter is broken for wind speed. I think that the wind might be doing two things; one is that it is not blowing that far on the outside, which was the case yesterday. The second option is that sometimes as you go more downwind from the launch the wind starts to die out, making the wind reading less.

Yes Jens it was good.

Superior this weekend anyone?
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby West » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:56 am

well, well...........trees ablaze in fall colors, gravel roads through the country, roadside honey for sale, apple trees bout to fall over so damn full of fruit, wind ablowin' caps down the shoreline, summer time sun a bakin', miles of deserted beaches, 9m dwndr with the BROS, yellows reds and oranges lining the shoreline, Two HEARTED, stream SUPn, salmon coming in from the Big Lake, kingfishers swooping and squaking, cherry-walnut strudel, chasing the sunshine while paddling upstream to Silver Lake, the Tulip burn at the Birch Log, meandering amongst the reeds dunes and swans, the drift down Silver Creek to Ol' Mother Michigan, blue heron wading in a rainbow of colors on the shores of Lake Michigan, the Lake as a sheet of glass, full moon rising, the 5 mile paddle down the shoreline and the return up the coast with the moonlight shimmering and the lighthouse sending out it's beacon to the Indian Summer Night, Humalicious, fire streamside under the great white pine, the four moons of Jupiter, the sound of dried birch leaves falling in the windless evening, salmon splashing ALL night as they must fulfill their destiny, camping under the moonlight, starlight and the swath of stars called the Milky Way;......can u say PURE MICHIGAN!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Jimbo, Big T and I decided that we are definitely taking Daniel Boone over Laird Hamilton...........long live the coonskin hat!!!!!!!!!!!

You cracking me up Sheriff.............you just tired of all your damn friends outstaying their welcome, and ripping up your "homey spot"............ here is what I imagine you saying as you were sitting with the local Sheboyg crew talking to Jens on the phone "yeah Jens, it got real damn good once them damn Chicago kooks headed on down the road, those fools drank all my damn Hamm's, and I think Arch stole my old cut-offs; but we got the last laugh, cause the wind was best when none of their sorry asses was in my damn way, I don't care if I had to pump up my 17m and use my SUP, it was still much better...it was sooooooo steady, you just don't know!!! Now where the hell is my damned PINK boa, did Arch take my leftover burrito too?"
West
Wind Whore

Previous

Return to Where to Ride Today