Halloween Party Waukegan Sunday 10/30!

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Halloween Party Waukegan Sunday 10/30!

Postby Like To Kite » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:19 pm

Happy Halloween!!!

Looking like great conditions early in the day at Waukegan tomorrow! Seems like it may turn offshore sometime in the afternoon so we'll be careful about that and start early. Hoping to see some costumes out there as it's almost Halloween! :twisted:

Here's the Waukegan location link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.365837 ... src=6&z=15

It will be my last time kiting around Chicago for a little while. Heading to Miami Beach to kiteboard for the winter! Glad we have one more good day before I leave town on Thursday. Kiting in the Midwest for the past three years has been an unbelievable experience! Even though I grew up in Chicago and taught sailing at Montrose Beach for ten years with the Chicago Park District, I never truly knew how amazing Lake Michigan is until I started kiting. I never would have visited most of the places around the lake if it weren't for kiting. Now I know how truly magnificent Lake Michigan and the Midwest is! One day the water like glass and other day huge waves that can cover Lake Shore Drive, sometimes turquoise blue and other times murky brown from the great churning and upheaval. Traveling to a kite spot means I get to see grass covered sand dunes, small quaint towns and sometimes the breweries within :wink: The very best part of kiting in the area has definitely by far been being surrounded by such amazing people. The people attracted to kitesurfing seem to naturally be friendly, interesting, caring and all around good people and I would say that this is especially true of Midwest kiters and I am grateful to know you and have you for friends! Thank you for all the support and welcome I have felt as a Kite Instructor and the rewarding experiences and accomplishments shared with students, it has been an experience of a lifetime!

If anyone wants to come to Florida it would be great to see you there, there's an air mattress waiting for you! Hopefully see you tomorrow!

Happy Kiting!
Amanda
http://www.LikeToKite.com
(773) 672-3210
Like To Kite
Resident Windfreak

Re: Halloween Party Waukegan Sunday 10/30!

Postby Piotrek » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:04 pm

Thanks! Sounds like fun :)
Anyone joining from Chicago?
Piotrek

North Rebel 2011 black 12 & blue 9, Cabrinha Caliber + wetsuit, black helmet and/or green headscarf 8)
Piotrek
Sand Bagger

Postby Piotrek » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:54 pm

To be precise - I would need a ride from Chicago to Waukegan if anyone is driving up.. Thanks!
Piotrek

North Rebel 2011 black 12 & blue 9, Cabrinha Caliber + wetsuit, black helmet and/or green headscarf 8)
Piotrek
Sand Bagger

Postby West » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:29 pm

:) NICE Amanda..........so glad to have you in the area, your prescence sure is appreciated....hope you have a good time tmrw.............enjoy your winter in Florida!!
West
Wind Whore

Postby lebeda12345 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:48 am

I am leaving for Waukegan ride right now. I should be there around 9.
Peter 773 909 2523
Ocean Rodeo dry suit is my costume...
lebeda12345
Pump Master

Postby FSP » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:04 pm

Well how bout that-a full day of juiced jumps on the outside and 3-4 foot nuggets on the inside. Forgot how a waukeegan ssw blow on a sse wave can be so fun. nice to end the sesh being blown off!!!!
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby Bob » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:57 am

Amanda...best of luck this winter and may the winds be strong and the waters warm.
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Wind Whore

Postby Safe_Cracker » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:52 am

starting to build. Walking the dog and will head out. eta 10am

Polo
I could be wrong, but not usually

:)-~
Safe_Cracker
Kite Dominator

Postby Like To Kite » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:22 am

Thanks for all the well wishes, truly appreciated!

Sunday was super fun being able to hang out with a lot of the crew and watch everyone ripping it up! Saw some cool masks and hats too! Thanks Calvin for bringing out donuts and hot chocolate!

Cold water lesson with lots of warm gear on, great job bodydragging through those waves Ted!

Shark in Lake Michigan

We're headed out tonight and if you would like to stop by it would be great to see you! Here's the info:

http://chicagokitesurfing.com/kiteboard ... 11&t=10371

Hope everyone has a great winter! You know who to come visit when it gets too cold here!

Happy Kiting!
Amanda
http://www.LikeToKite.com
(773) 672-3210
Like To Kite
Resident Windfreak

Return to Where to Ride Today