Sunday strollin'..........Pure Michigan

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Sunday strollin'..........Pure Michigan

Postby West » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:47 am

Meetin' the bros round Holland and picking a shoreline to ZIP..............Keegs to 2 RIVS should be good this side......enjoy, and stay toasty, and kite w some buds!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
West
Wind Whore

Re: Sunday strollin'..........Pure Michigan

Postby West » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:10 am

Ivo, John Lynch, TG, Jimbo and I hit the Honey Hole to the sight of clean waves picking up and the surfers piling into the parking lot.......rigged some 9's and 10's and waited for the wind to switch........drive up was outstanding, colors lingering in the LSP area were mighty fine, fiery brilliant along the shoreline....smoked fish and turkey jerky from the Smokehouse, the goose was loose and running free, running the single-lane dirt roads through the trees, TG had the soup crackers and hot sauce ready, stream of smoke atop the hill was ssteady, brought some Lou's Deep Dish for the crew, ran down the creek on the SUP's with Trooper in the pouring rain sippin' a brew, great gathering on the shores of Ol' Mother Michigan...........it was as beautiful as beautiful ever gets beautiful....PURE MICHIGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
West
Wind Whore

Postby Eric A. » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:26 pm

Sounds like fun.
HH is so nice.
But....did you guys ride?
There was no mention of that....still nice to be out on the coast eh?
Eric A.
Kite Crew in Training

Postby manasty » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:15 pm

Spent the weekend in Grand Haven. Saturday was too light and Sunday was side off (SE) and gusty. Hopefully it was better at LSP!
manasty
Board Monkey

Postby West » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:07 pm

Truth be told, we did not ride EROC...we did however talk story bout you and wanted to bust in on the Oscar da Grouch Halloweeen Bash......bet you were rockin'it buddy, in the red suit.....

Yeah we hung out and did a classsssic tailgate sesh, kept looking like it would turn, but she had other things in mind........we had set it all up a little too well!!! kind of like counting your chickens before they hatch..........we been hitting 'em so insanely sweet all season, and this one was lined up perfectly.........but we all get ours....this was our time.....best "skunked" sesh I ever did have!!!!!!!!!! :) Surfers were just killing it and it was getting bigger all day long, switched just bout dark, and we heard the wind roaring through the trees and scattering the leaves.........just gonna make the next one that much more special.........PURE MICHIGAN!!!!!!!!

I must say we all took it in stride and enjoyed it the utmost.....still sore from laughing my ass off as we talked story through the afternoon...great friends!

Hope to see you soon, will shout next time I hit your side.....loooking like sometime REAL sooooon..........
West
Wind Whore

Postby IVO » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:57 pm

photo from my phone...details,one hand two beers :D

ImageImage

I had blast,was laughing all day today...that "beautiful" line completely crack me up West..Gonna have to change my signature soon :lol:
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby manasty » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:28 am

Nice pics. Wish I was goin up there today!
manasty
Board Monkey

Return to Where to Ride Today