Calling all people that want to throw down on Sunday Nov 6

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Calling all people that want to throw down on Sunday Nov 6

Postby adseguy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:11 pm

I'm hoping this isn't the last South we get (probably not), but just in case come on down for the slicks of Wolf Lake. I'm going to tow to the slick area with my GoPro (or your camera) and film for a few hours. The super flat shallow water allow you to land any trick, so go for your trick this year and let me capture you landing it!

I'm bringing lots of beer and lunch will be an easy find. I'll be out all day so you can catch me at any time!

I know Wolf Lake isn't always the best call, but with a possible cold water shutdown of this wind on the big lake I know it'll rock down on the south side. The South - SouthWest wind is perfect on wolfie and in the slick area I dare say it's smooth!

I want everyone! Artem, Ben, Zulutimer, bigdaddy, polo, skysurfer, Joel, IVO, WEST, snowball. I'm done typing names I just want everyone out here. If you are going somewhere else that's cool I understand, just make a new thread for it. Who's going so I can get a beer, i mean, head count!? 8)
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,9,10,12 Epic Screamer
10,14 Eclipse Thruster
129cm Epic Spartan
adseguy
Wind Whore

Re: Calling all people that want to throw down on Sunday Nov

Postby slingsnot » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:58 pm

Adrien,

I'm in. Let's do this.

Joel
slingsnot
Pump Master

Postby STF » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:44 am

hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....El Lobo..........

how about keegs on a nice south......big beach...big fun....

until that kiwi comes back i think only you and paul would shout out for a meet up there.

Bring that gopro ( and ill bring mine) to keegs tomorrow and Sunday
STF
Boosticus Maximus

Postby West » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:54 am

THX Adrien, got a roadie in mind.........Da Gropo...you mean that Boygan drink you had going round the circle........watch out now!!!!!!! ENJOY boyz, catch you next time!!!!! Betsie or bust............
West
Wind Whore

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:38 am

Might head to Wolf. Never been there but would be fun to ride some butter flat water. Where do you guys all park out there?
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Postby Kevin » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:36 pm

Is it too shallow in spots? Last time I ventured over there I bottomed out, maybe I wasn't in the right place. That could make for some rough landings, be careful.
Kevin
Resident Windfreak

Postby adseguy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:21 pm

Some spots it's only a few inches deep, maybe like 3-6 inches. The others spots are waist deep for a good length. I know where they are and how to get around. It's just so butter flat that it makes it fun to screw around in and try a new trick with no chop getting in your way from the perfect pop, trick, then land it clean.

The lake is "clean" this time of year too since all the weeds are gone...not like having any weeds was dirty, it freaks people out sometimes lol
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,9,10,12 Epic Screamer
10,14 Eclipse Thruster
129cm Epic Spartan
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby adseguy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:23 pm

Dutchkiteboarder wrote:Might head to Wolf. Never been there but would be fun to ride some butter flat water. Where do you guys all park out there?

Google Earth this:

2047 Calumet Avenue
Whiting, IN 46394-1816

That's the 7-eleven across the street. You can see the parking lot right off the lake. You'll see all the windsurfers and kiters there tomorrow.
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,9,10,12 Epic Screamer
10,14 Eclipse Thruster
129cm Epic Spartan
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:32 pm

Tempting to get a nice flat water session. Haven't had one of those since the Caribbean! What time is every one going? I want to go early go get most out of it. Leaving around 8 am there around 8.45. Can stay till 1is (little later will be fine too) just trying to beat traffic on my way back
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Postby adseguy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:33 pm

Sounds good Dutch. I'll be out there around 9:30, but staying all day since I'll have to pack a lot of stuff. Make sure to come in and talk to me so I can show you how to access the slicks and where the throw down sections are.

Charging the camera now :)
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,9,10,12 Epic Screamer
10,14 Eclipse Thruster
129cm Epic Spartan
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby IVO » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:31 pm

Thank you for invitation Adrien,damn straight up man,you know me!!I was thinking same and eyeing this South flow just to hit Wolf lake on sunny Sunday.Ride slick on those smooth S 25 knts winds and got capture on multiple GoPros throwing down my new trick,but than this morning Greg kept calling me that West did left him here,that he need to get out of his comfort zone and something about remote deep water locations,rivers,who knows,he did sound so desperate..poor little fella!

So I have to go with him,but some other time for sure Wolf lake,Wolf lake Rulllllezzzz!!!!!!!

:roll: :twisted: :lol:
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby Juani222 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:18 pm

Hey Adrien!!! I like the idea of a get together... kitesurfers, windsurfers, beer... sounds good to me... I'll bring some cold ones too!
Juani222
Board Monkey

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:19 am

Stuffing the car now with gear...... Temperature around 60s all day and 22 mph wind! AWESOME!!!
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Postby WaWaZat » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:26 am

Alright Adrien, I may just check our yoGuur throw down instead! :D
Mike
3ME Kite Sports
eus@3mekite. com
WaWaZat
Zen Levitator

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Great day at Wolf. Yeah launching is a little bit tricky but once in the water its awesome! Was really great to do a different session then waves! Was really fun seeing adrien shredding the butter at that little piece
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Postby adseguy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:29 pm

Decent time out there. I can't believe how WRONG the forecast was everywhere. It was supposed to be sunny, 65, and 18-20knots. More like super cloudy, 55, and 30-45. WEIRD!

it was still fun bringing everyone back to the Wolf slicks and getting your butter session on. Too gusty to actually throw down. just looking at the graphs everywhere it seemed to be up and down across the lake....again...weird.

Come back soon guys or i'll see you at the next spot, sorry I bailed early it just wasn't working great that day and I was cold.

One of the bigger jumps I've had:

[youtube]2pS-zgbfUC4[/youtube]
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,9,10,12 Epic Screamer
10,14 Eclipse Thruster
129cm Epic Spartan
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby kitenick » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:06 am

adrien,

so sorry, i went out to keegs with a buddy after he called yesterday. i looked at the forecasts but not the forum. had i known i would have gladly joined in the fun. i am now kicking myself for not looking at the forum before i left. well, i hope you guys had a lot of fun. can you put up some photos?

jim
kitenick
Adrenaline Junkie

Postby WaWaZat » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:18 pm

Adrien, thx for encouraging all of us to join you at Wolf. Yes, it was INSANE... holding on for dear life on a 9 but needing every centimeter of it through the lulls. After you left, it tamed down slightly. Some of the crew that checked out of Keegs at noon joined us and we all kited 'till sundown... 1st time kiting Wolf for all of us. Great to break my cherry there and look forward to the next time... sans the gustiness and the light poles with the kite shredders mounted on top :shock: , but it's flat and a 15 min drive from my place! :D
Mike
3ME Kite Sports
eus@3mekite. com
WaWaZat
Zen Levitator

Return to Where to Ride Today