Two Rivers 11/06

Pictures and Videos of locals or just great shots. Put em here and brag to your buds about your mad skills fo-shizzle.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Two Rivers 11/06

Postby IVO » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:02 pm

This was my first time in Two Rivers and I already liked the place,head high and some waves,not big,but those babies were breaking so far out,you can do 10+ turns on single wave when you did catch right one.Downwinder with Jens,Greg,Sheriff followed..

On pictures note,I went late to take pictures,sunset was sweet,but didnt have enough strong light,first 10 minutes were good,after that had to dip in high iso to get some shutter speed>> left lots of grain on them..next time!

Dalius

Jens

Greg

I cant belive Im puting this one up,I could already hear that,but I could handle it! "see..it must have been windy,huh" :lol:
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Re: Two Rivers 11/06

Postby grimace » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:22 pm

Awesome pics... it was an awesome day out there riding with you guys.
grimace
Kite Crew in Training

Postby Northerner » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:52 am

Great pics IVO, Yea that was great weekend of riding, so its nice that you captured the final hour of that blow. Always great to see Dalius up 15-20 feet as usual and Jens showing off his Patrick Swayze round house turn. We got it pretty good that day with the 8 mile downwinder to the Point Beach light house, then came back and rode the lanuch. Wind stayed south all day so even though the water was smooth and the waves big, they never showed all their glory.

I went up the again last sunday and got it so so. Rode for 3 hours on an 8 and 11 meter in similiar conditions. Again the wind never turned SW so it was just normal slushy side on riding. I was talking with Herbie the Two Rivers master and we both agreed that this was not a good year for that TR. Nethier of us saw the magic we have seen in the past and I even got skunked up there six times this year on big forecasts. Oh well next year I guess.

Man that is a hard place to get it good at.
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby jensmadwind » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:10 am

thank you Ivo,

although the conditions were not perfect there where glimpses of perfection and we made the most of it.

"Swayze" ....... still laughing
10 mph?
jensmadwind
Zen Levitator

Postby West » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:02 pm

Hardest place on the Big Lake to get by far..........but the pics showed that it was still quite a sesh with plenty to keep you smiling....great to see Dallius, didn't get to kite with him this year...........

I have two "spoons" hangin' in my truck that I found years ago up at the mystical two RIVS.....an incredible spot. Thanks to Ivo for posting, and to Herbie and the Sheriff for spreading the word......keep your eyes on the Madtown ripper when he is going right; that man is tearing that shiz up; he's figuring out how to turn that barge, imagine if he had been on a twin-tip!!! :wink:
West
Wind Whore

Return to Pictures and Videos