Tickets to La Ventana only $190+tax=286 I am leaving sunday

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Tickets to La Ventana only $190+tax=286 I am leaving sunday

Postby snowball » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:03 am

I am leaving for La Ventana this sunday tickets are very cheap right now. Was wondering if anyone would want to also go down there or was already in the area.

Good Winds
My Quiver: Slingshot Fuels, Best Waroos, Mystic Harness, Brokite Board, Zap Skimboard, Naish Surfboard.

KITEBOARDING LESSONS - WATER - SNOW - LAND + GEAR SALES !!!

Owner at http://www.ChicagoKiteboardingLessons.com Email: Chicagokitelessons@gmail.com
snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Re: Tickets to La Ventana only $190+tax=286 I am leaving sun

Postby skysurfr » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:10 am

Be careful if you're driving around alone.

Book into a place with other kiteboarders.

Hang out in a group etc.

The silliness down there isn't really in the tourist areas, but don't make yourself an easy tasrget.

Make sure someone at home has a copy of your passport, credit cards , etc.

Bring a flashlight. Stay off motorbikes.

Thas all for Uncle Mike's Advice. :-)
Mike

2007- Naish Thorn, Torch 16/12, 2008 10M Alliance. '07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish Midwest Team. GoPro Cameras! Red Helmet and Fashionable Football Shirt. :-)
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Postby snowball » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:01 am

Thanks mike

Yea I will be staying with playa la ventana which is all kiteboarders. Also getting picked up at the airport by them.
My Quiver: Slingshot Fuels, Best Waroos, Mystic Harness, Brokite Board, Zap Skimboard, Naish Surfboard.

KITEBOARDING LESSONS - WATER - SNOW - LAND + GEAR SALES !!!

Owner at http://www.ChicagoKiteboardingLessons.com Email: Chicagokitelessons@gmail.com
snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Postby FSP » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:33 am

thats been so sensationalized by tv.

i b more worried about mike kitenapping yer pump at keegs.
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby Ben » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Good Find Henry And Great deal on a flight

I just got back from mexico and went to Los Barriles. GREAT TIME! I hooked up with the Exotikite crew down there Ian, Taylor, Emily and Megan are extremely helpful people and for a couple days, they took care of me nicely. My GF and I stayed in a condo right on the beach next to the kite school. Was beautiful weather, water and not bad winds. They depend on Thermals so clear blue skys are a blessing, clouds kill there wind. I did not go to La Ventana but spoke with a couple that had been there for 1 week and Los Barriles for a week. He and his lady friend had been picked up from the airport. Had no car in La Ventana but rented a 4 wheeler while staying at Los Barriles. I was curious so I probed him on the 2 his personal opinion after a few cerveza's of the 2 towns were that La Ventana was a bit sleepier and had fewer amenities/accessibility than Los Barriles. He said it was harder to manage getting around without transportation there than in Los Barriles. Mentioned that La Ventana is purely about the wind and if it doesn't show up there isn't much else to do while Los Barriles does a lot of SUP, surfing, scuba, and charter fishing. If you are flying into La Paz, La Ventana is closer. Flying into Cabo, Los Barriles is closer.

Everything Mike said is Sound advice. I will also tell you to check in with your credit card/debit card companys and let them know what you are doing. Find out the fee's assigned for use international. While I was down there I wore boardshorts and a 2mm heatseeker top and I was perfect but they said a lot of people wear shortys.

Be careful and have Fun
7,9,12m Bandit V, Infinity V2, 135 xenon, 154 door
Ben
Pump Master

Postby skysurfr » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:58 pm

oh... and an emergency Bottle of Pepto Bismol.

Seriously.... it got me out of China last month.

Mike
Mike

2007- Naish Thorn, Torch 16/12, 2008 10M Alliance. '07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish Midwest Team. GoPro Cameras! Red Helmet and Fashionable Football Shirt. :-)
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Return to Open Forum