Real Watersports Kite camps

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Real Watersports Kite camps

Postby grimace » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:15 pm

Anyone ever taken one of the advanced camps like the Triple S? Was thinkin about heading there in spring and hitting up one while Im there. Anyone have experience with Real or the camps? Anyone interested in coming along for the camp?

http://www.realwatersports.com/camps/kiteboarding
grimace
Kite Crew in Training

Re: Real Watersports Kite camps

Postby grimace » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:35 pm

Anyone?
grimace
Kite Crew in Training

Re: Real Watersports Kite camps

Postby Stang » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:32 pm

I stopped into the Real spot in Hatteras a few months ago. It was the first planned stop during my 2 month kite trip that took me down the East Coast, through South Florida, and Bahamas...(all the sweet details for another post).

IMHO - Real has an incredible facility worth visiting. I didn't take a camp or stay at their attached "waterman's retreat", but I did have conversations with some of their quality instructors, who clearly know all the facets of the sport.

My thought regarding their camps is that they are WAY overpriced (gotta pay for the sweet facility somehow). Seriously, for the cost of their Triple S camp, you could go to home depot and buy the supplies to build your own slider, purchase a trailer to transport the slider, and throw a huge party on the beach for all your kiter friends with all the jingle that you have left over. You'll learn a lot more riding your own slider for an entire season, than riding theirs for a coule of days.

Stang...
Stang
Kite Crew in Training

Return to Open Forum