Wanting to start kiteboarding but from indiana

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Wanting to start kiteboarding but from indiana

Postby rlind1 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Hello everyone, thank you for reading and I hope I can get some help from some people out there. I have never kiteboarded but am really wanting to start. The only problem is that I am from central Indiana... I know that lake michigan is just about the best place close by to me to go kiteboarding but that is quite a drive for me and I am wanting to know if it is something that can be done on lakes. I know it depends on wind and other factors but I have been looking and it is quite a expensive sport to get the equipment and I want to know if it is something I can do on the lakes nearby enough to make it worth it to purchase all the equipment. Any advise would be appreciated!
rlind1
Kiter Noob

Re: Wanting to start kiteboarding but from indiana

Postby adseguy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:09 pm

A guy called "misfit" (real name Cory) on here is from central indiana. He used to be an instructor as well. I'm sure he's checked out all the areas around central indiana so he'll get you some better info. Give him a few days or send him a PM.
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby rlind1 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:17 am

Thanks for your help i will defiantly send him a pm and ask for some advise and see what he can tell me!
rlind1
Kiter Noob

Postby Goatskull » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:42 pm

Not sure what the wind conditions are like where you live but if you have open fields you may want to consider land kiting. Either with an all terrain mountain board or buggy. Who knows, maybe you can get a whole scene started in your area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWwhqlHYZIE
Goatskull
Chop Wrestler

Return to Open Forum