back from paradise

Pictures and Videos of locals or just great shots. Put em here and brag to your buds about your mad skills fo-shizzle.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

back from paradise

Postby IVO » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:19 pm

Im finally getting used to this weather after 5weeks on Maui,let me tell you it was-is very hard.Had a good~bad~and anything in between times.Lots of injuries,some crazy kiting conditions,mindblowing surfing, hiking and most of what island was willing to share with me..

December and January,two "worst" wind month from year as tradition goes,but with No Ka OI you never know what you gonna get,,I was very fortunate with wind..7~9m for almost 4week straight and 5m for a week from this.When I was there two year ago for a first time,I was just starting to learn about waves and getting my share of super scary moments..This year was quite different,felt home right away and tried to push riding as much as possible.When "JAWS" was blasting 15-20 feet Hawaian(real wave for Sheriff::)and that was translating to some 35-45 f faces we were getting our share from this at Kanaha..This was only day from the trip when waves get triple+++ overhead and for sure was testing most.As the trip was nearing to end I realized one important thing,something about our own background.That we might not get those super long~wide sets,but hands down our waves still rocks,beautiful places along the road and friends you cant find anywhere else.. :!:

so Im back,ready for our season to kick in soon again.Looking forward to see you all and share again what is so magnificent here..Lets have amazing 2012 :wink:

fyi..Im trying to call or text most as I go,but its a long process,sharing stories only over the beer :lol:

Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Re: back from paradise

Postby Pier » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:58 pm

IVO wrote:As the trip was nearing to end I realized one important thing,something about our own background.That we might not get those super long~wide sets,but hands down our waves still rocks,beautiful places along the road and friends you cant find anywhere else.. :!:

That is exactly how I felt last year when I was at the end my short vacation in Brazil while doing a downwinder from Taiba to Paracuru, great waves, warm and sunny...it seemed perfect but something was missing: my buddies ripping waves around me, the most spectacular and warming experience even when it's 40F out there...

I'm glad you're back buddy and I can't wait to watch your new skills on the big lake.
Pier Paolo - six3o 6four0 2o8seven
Pier
Master of Kite

Postby ironben » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:00 am

welcome back! post more pics so we can relive your trip with you.

Kiteboarding 2012 started- join us
11 RPM 12 M;09 kahoona 13.5; 10 kahoona 9.5;10 Nobile NHP 7m
Spleene164;NHP 137";Axon 6.0
Ben 630-638-3888 http://www.youtube.com/ironbeno
ironben
Master of Kite

Postby jensmadwind » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:46 am

Ivo,

sorry emily and I missed you on your last night, I got sick and was asleep by the time you texted. Thank you for introducing us to Maui and treating us to that wonderful fish.
10 mph?
jensmadwind
Zen Levitator

Postby West » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

glad to have you back Trooper, looking forward to some stories over a Sprite or two..... :wink:

You looking right at home on the surfboard.....hangin' loose.

You posted my favorite view of the island....the West Maui Mountains just smiling from the upper parking lot at Ho'okipa; on a macking day with a few surfers scratching around!!!!!!! I can hear the roar of the surf and taste the salt in the air..........NO KA OI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
West
Wind Whore

Postby IVO » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 pm

100% agree Pier,we have some of the finest people here..I have tons of friends on Maui,but my buddies here ROCKS!!

Ben,I sold my rubber before going on the trip,Im looking around..side note: I like when my QR actually works :lol:
only non~kite pictures,but I'll get some up

Jens,we party at our home,since it was easier for us,no worries there.The day you took that picture I was ready to go back for shore,but since I did spot you I stayed longer and glad I did.You looked little shaky on that tiny stand~up.Remember watching you taking off for your first wave and it was the f monster.Was thinking to myself,when you gonna fall,but it didnt happend and you rode it out with top style .Than second and third,didnt expect this.....kudos BRO!So next year again? :D

West,lots of stories for you,hope to see you soon!

Ho‘okipa on the same(my last day)as first picture.

from Waihee ridge hike

yep that really is cloud reflecting on the water :wink:

for three morning I was sitting here...
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Return to Pictures and Videos