Sheboygan Feb 26th

Pictures and Videos of locals or just great shots. Put em here and brag to your buds about your mad skills fo-shizzle.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Sheboygan Feb 26th

Postby anderson » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:29 pm

No prisoners left...It was a good day wrapped up with fish tacos and modelos.

Jens on a 4.5 rpm.

Andrew scoping the face-to-be-slapped

Jens having a break

Enough room for Jens and Andrew

Jens showing no regards

Andrew down the line on his reasonably priced 5m. Head high fosho

Jens getting access to the clean lane

Andrew about to unleash his attack

Andrew being scoped by his wife from their porch.
---------------------------
North TeamRider 134
SS fuel 11m,9m,7m
Eclispe thruster 14m

Go big crawl home
anderson
Resident Windfreak

Re: Sheboygan Feb 26th

Postby grimace » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:43 pm

Nice photos!
grimace
Kite Crew in Training

Postby Herbie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:52 pm

Seriously nice pictures and meaty waves.
Herbie
Resident Windfreak

Postby IVO » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:06 pm

Yayyyyy!!!!Those waves looks mean :!:

My favourite is the last one of Andrew,way much cleaner,golden nugets..Did the wind fade down a bit,looks like end of the day,judging by the sun.
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby Northerner » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:50 am

More sweet pics nice. Man those waves do look mean, like drunk rage mean. I never thought they were good on sunday but I don't think they where that bad.

I love that shot at the end taken around 4:30, one of the best pics I've seen. It looks like am outside and starting my jibe to come in. If the current would not have been so strong we could have had some shots of us killing it at the break in front of my place. The waves hitting the third sand bar and reef had some really nice shape. As you can see clean and smooth. We should have left the elbow around 2 and kited south beach earlier. Oh well

Anderson was right about my low cost 5 meter. I grabbed that last for 200 bucks KO and it is in great shape. I did see a complete 5 rev on NWkite for 250. Some one should by that, keep the kite and flip the bar for 87 dollars
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby jensmadwind » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:40 am

well i am not going to let this wave bashing continue andrew. With that much wind ramping up that fast there is always going to be more blown out then clean but there was quality to be had and what it lacked in perfection it made up for with size. This early in the season with temps as they were my sessions exceeded expectations. Rough seas like these are great preperation for when it really does get good.

yes Ivo the wind did die off as abruptly as it came on. When the mean pictures were taken it was 35 gusting into the low 40's and it was dropping steadily through the 20's when the later picture was taken.

the pictures seem to be cut in half, the whole right side of the frame is gone. You can see the full shots by going to
http://www.kiteridersllc.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=2204 it does not make them look cleaner but you get to see a bit more of the size.

thanks for taking the pictures anderson and thanks andrew for coordinating and hosting on sunday. I had a blast!!
10 mph?
jensmadwind
Zen Levitator

Postby anderson » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:56 am

Despite the blown out conditions early on Jens and Andrew were like kids in a candystore engaging gracefully on waves in every single opportunity, strapless.

The last picture was taken by Andrew's wife. Credits to her. Andrew, maybe she deserves a good SLR, who knows she will be the next surf photographer in the midwest.
North TeamRider 134
SS fuel 11m,9m,7m
Eclispe thruster 14m

Go big crawl home
anderson
Resident Windfreak

Postby IVO » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:58 pm

All pictures are great,but the last one really stands out for me..If I could choose between big~choppy or smaller but clean~liquid gold in front of me,ehhh thats easy:)

Our waves are created by the wind,although in my opinion the best condition arent coming from 5m weather,but right after the "chaos" fade down..,

Funny I have met some veterans on Maui and their moto was big kites(10-12m)and big waves,less wind,less chop,more towing to the waves= ultimately more surfing than kitesurfing.....

at the end it doesnt matter what you like or prefer,its about passion for water and understanding who is the best...the one who got most fun on the water.
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby Rorke » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:50 am

Sick shots! Some of the best posted for sure.

Homepageworthy? - Indeed!
IKO Certified Instructor
USCG Master 100T
USCG Approved Instructor/Examiner
Red Cross - First Aid / CPR Instructor

http://www.lakeeffectkite.com
Rorke
Zen Levitator

Postby FSP » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:37 am

Funny I have met some veterans on Maui and their moto was big kites(10-12m)and big waves,less wind,less chop,more towing to the waves= ultimately more surfing than kitesurfing.....

ya IVO, ive only been saying that for years around here..haaaa!-thats actually not a hard concept to grab being that surfing happens in when offshore or wind has died. Around here you should get both the crazy stuff, and by all means dont pack up when it turns light as the form size and interval time gets way sick. did however have one 7m day at mc last dec that it was pretty amazingly clean and windy but sooo rare.
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby IVO » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:41 pm

FSP wrote:

did however have one 7m day at mc last dec that it was pretty amazingly clean and windy but sooo rare.

Scoty my mind is filled with 7m clean conditons,downwinders,thats where they forming..not one is same,you might wanna try it again this year 8)

Rorke I would be for that idea,but I do remember last time I asked V what kinda sick process is behind it to not change that pic,answer was he got used to it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
IVO
Zen Levitator

Return to Pictures and Videos