POP ALL YOU GOT? BROKITE.....2012

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

POP ALL YOU GOT? BROKITE.....2012

Postby West » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:43 pm

"POP ALL YOU GOT?" That's the catch phrase of the new line of BROKITE boards that are about to be unleashed for the 2012 season!!!!!

Jerry has been dreamin' up some new graphics for the boards, and has also been fine-tunin' some construction modifications that will be implemented into the next pressing of the world's finest twin-tips!!! The result of the current refinements will be an even lighter, stronger and more responsive board......BROKITE is raising the bar; higher and higher!!

Some may ask, "just how is that possible?"...and to those I respond by saying, "through relentless, mind-numbing R&D, by ourselves and our riders; by taking feedback and applying it with meticulous know-how!!".....we will not rest until we have built the very best twin-tip possible, and although close, we have not arrived just yet; so we keep on keeping on, and continue knocking on the door of PERFECTION......that's our goal, mission, and purpose all rolled up into ONE.....

To all the rest we simply ask is "POP ALL YOU GOT?" :shock:
Last edited by West on Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
West
Wind Whore

Re: POP ALL YOU GOT?

Postby adseguy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:47 pm

I like the slogan! What's BROkite's thoughts on grooves in boards? I think you guys just have concave and rocker on the board right? I am a fan of the grooves as I feel I have some better grip, but again, I'm just looking for thoughts
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby FSP » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:10 am

were gonna need one for the wave side a things and so i give you "SMACK that ATTACK" ouuuuchhhh.
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby BRO » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:25 am

Hey Adseguy, good question, all our R and D with bottom shapes has told us to keep it simple. We have worked with double, triple, quad concave as well as grooves, ribs, and flats. All these shapes look good, but we are only concerned with how the water sees our bottom shape. There is a lot of fashion involved in marketing kiteboards, pressure to come up with something different and then tell everyone that it is the newest, hottest, and coolest thing ever. Put a team rider on it and let him earn his money, whether the new feature has anything to do with performance or not.
On a twin tip, when you’re up to speed, very little surface is in contact with the water, and the board is hardly every pointing parallel with the direction you are travelling. This is why a single concave with flat tails and rails works so well. The laminate flow can connect with the bottom, and flow across it regardless of whether the board is running parallel to its direction or not. If the flow is broken with a complicated surface like a sudden rib or groove, turbulence is created in the form of bubbles as water mixes with air. Think of the bubbles as small ball bearing. This actually loosens up the bottom and has an adverse effect to pop as well as carving a turn. The board will have a tendency to skip out. We feel that you should use fin size, shape, and placement to get the right balance of pop and carve. By doing this you can enjoy a board that performs well in all facets of kiting, and you don’t have to answer the question “pop all you got”. We get our explosion off the water by using a form core wrapped with carbon. We tune our tails so that when pressure is applied by the water the carbon is reacting to this energy, not wood. Carbon has 200 to 300% better dynamic response than wood. The wood even slows the response of carbon when used together. The foam allows the carbon to react faster because it is a neutral material and dose not slow down the carbons response. So that’s why we use the elliptical concave bottom that transition to a flat tail, with flats running on the rails.
BRO
Pump Master

Postby adseguy » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:42 am

Thanks for sharing that wealth of knowledge.
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
adseguy
Wind Whore

Re: POP ALL YOU GOT? BROKITE.....2012

Postby snowball » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:38 pm

Yep bro boards are the shit !!! Although I did like the zero gravity name better haha

Shredded it up on the 130 at waukegan the otherday slashing the head high waves on the outside harder than i can with a surfboard and then hitting the lip and flyinggggg.
My Quiver: Slingshot Fuels, Best Waroos, Mystic Harness, Brokite Board, Zap Skimboard, Naish Surfboard.

KITEBOARDING LESSONS - WATER - SNOW - LAND + GEAR SALES !!!

Owner at http://www.ChicagoKiteboardingLessons.com Email: Chicagokitelessons@gmail.com
snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Postby West » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:32 pm

Thought I would post a pic to help explain what Captain Toeside was talking about when he was addressing the bottom shape question from Adrien.........as you can see I don't call him Toeside for nothing!!!!!!!! He and I learned how to lay down the screaming toeside turns several years back at a "famed" spot in Corpus called "BUTTER BEACH". We were kiting together every day over a period of a couple of weeks, behind a long-ass island in the Laguna that was perfectly situated for the prevailing SSE winds. We would set-up behind this island and burn turns for hours on end...speeding just a couple of feet off the shoreline in absolutely glassy water, lit on small kites, flying into these hand-draggin' mind blowin' toeside turns. We would follow each other trying to turn inside the others' wake, hootin' and a hollerin'; often slapping hands as we would come screaming out of them as fast as we went into them......It was an eye-opening experience for us to "tandem toeside", cause we could really check out how the water flowed off the bottom of each other's board as we were turning so close to one another. It was then that we really began to understand just how little of the board was in the water at that CRUCIAL point.......we called it "riding the rail".

When you are "riding the rail", you have to be 100% committed to the turn (or else)...........we realized that our rocker line and bottom shape, wrapped in the "responsiveness" of CARBON enabled us to scream into and out of these toeside turns at full break-neck speed!!!! THIS IS THE HEART AND SOUL OF BROKITE..... As Jerry has fine-tuned our shapes, he has flattened out the transition between the concave and the rails. This keeps you from "tracking", and allows you to re-set the rail while turning; preventing you from skipping out, and allowing you to set a different line instantly. I believe this is the reason our boards bottom-turn so well....and as we all know: a bottom-turn is nothing but a toeside-turn on a wave!! :wink:

Just a little more insight into the elements that differentiate our boards from the rest....and some of the history behind BROKITE. The photo is from a recent Laguna session where Jerry, Maggie and Keith ripped up a "Norther" at Nighthawk......and as you can see, Captain Toeside was in classic form, FULLY COMMITTED!!!! :shock: can you say vapor trail, Vapor Trail, VAPORTRAIL!!!!!!!!!!

POP ALL YOU GOT?
Last edited by West on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
West
Wind Whore

Postby West » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:48 pm

Henry, Glad to hear you are slashing and smashing...bashin' and a mashin' ...........keep ripping it buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
West
Wind Whore

Postby West » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:18 pm

West
Wind Whore

Postby IVO » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:02 pm

I saw fire coming out of the dragon lair in a dream :!:
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby West » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:03 pm

You got that right Trooper, must have been the heat from the "afterburner" kicking in....... 8)

The insanity of this toe-side turn is staggering.......it's such a timing thing to be able to lay that shiz down like that in those type of conditions.....not sure what size kite Jerry was flying but I am guessing a 9 or 10m, juiced. Even though there is not a whitecap in sight, just check the texture on the water and realize that this is in an area that is usually damn near smooth-ass water....probably blowing 35 plus, out of the North with just a lone "wind-cloud" gracing those Bluebird Skies.......his kite has just crossed the window and he is hammering that rail into the turn while the board is literally "hugging" the water, dragging one hand while the other has a firm grip on the bar as he is slowly sheeting out to the "sweet spot"!!!!!!!!!!! He will be carrying as much speed out of the turn as he had when he went into it.......some boards throw buckets, others simply channel ENERGY!!!!!!!!!!

Sometime later this week we will be posting the new graphics for the 2012 boards.......and like years' past, come Springtime I will be travellin' down to Corpus to help make a batch of boards to bring back to Chicago for the local crew. There will be a slight discount and no shipping charges for these boards, so just let me know. Otherwise, there will be demos scattered around the BIG LAKE with some of the bros, so that you can take one for a spin sometime. With the warm winter, the water will be prime in no time......looking forward to a stellar year!!
West
Wind Whore

Postby BRO » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:12 am

This is the new look of brokite “pop all you got?” series which will be launched in 4 weeks. A board with new guts deserves a new skin. We are now in the process of shooting a video that will show the advancements we have made from last year. You are probably just like us, really tired of hearing all the buzz words and phrases like lighter, stronger, more flex, maximum pop, upwind ability, etc. etc. etc. Instead of boring you with all that, West is headed south to Corpus and will arrive at the same time the new skin are due in. We will be kiting all day and firing off epoxy all night. He will return to the Great Lake with his truck full of new 2012 demos for everyone to ride. If you have a size in mind that you want to ride let him know. We are going to let the boards do the talking. We will also be making new sizes and shapes. Let us know what you’re thinking.
BRO
Pump Master

Postby gbleck » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:55 pm

Drop dead sexy.
Me = 145lb + 6" + (15M spd3 dlx, 11M x-bow, Kahoona 9.5M, 7.5V2) + Zap skim, home made 133 orange carbon aka Bifrost, home made black 170x50 cabon racing light wind tt, 133 wide tip carbon) + red helmet
gbleck
Master of Kite

Postby adseguy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:33 pm

I gotta say, I like the new graphics. I like the new font on BROkite too.
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby kwk » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:26 pm

The board can't always compensate for a lack of skillz.

It was a great day of 9m butter at Nighthawk until we decided to head home and had a brutal hour and a half upwinder.

New board graphics look fantastic. Jerry put a lot of thought and effort into the design. Looking forward to a great spring down here and some riding with the Tribe!
Keith
kwk
Master of Kite

Postby kwk » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:29 pm

Adrien, the font is a Jerry original as well. Mad talent and attention to detail.
Keith
kwk
Master of Kite

Postby Northerner » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:56 pm

Awesome new look Jerry. 5 brokite boards on the water here today, not bad considering only 8 riders were out.

Can't wait to demo one
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby jarch » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:23 am

Awwwww yeah! Looking forward to test driving those new boards in May. Been getting some great days in the flat water in the Keys to get ready for the south Texas butta. Turn and Burn BABY!!!
jarch
Boosticus Maximus

Postby kwk » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:50 pm

Arch, looking forward to having you down. Wind is kicking in. Its been 9m - 11m for 9 days in a row and tomorrow looks good too. Jerry has been building up some demo boards and I have been having fun trying out them out. Gonna buy a new one with all the enhancements he has been adding and turn my current 134 into an oyster board. Had a great day yesterday on a 137 Pop.

See you soon.

Keith
Keith
kwk
Master of Kite

Postby kwk » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:19 pm

A taste of whats to come for those of you coming down.

Laguna 18 mile Downwinder on 9m.

Start of a Gulf Side 20 mile downwinder

Near the end. It was getting dark so for the last 7 miles we rode straight down the beach about 10 feet off the shore. No people and perfect wind direction for running down the beach watching the birds and sunset. The car that was following us down the beach said we were averaging 30 mph. Of course its not a good as Hatteras or SPI but we try to make the best of it

Keith
kwk
Master of Kite

Next

Return to Open Forum