Man your Gopro Videos are lame.

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Man your Gopro Videos are lame.

Postby Northerner » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:32 am

With the start of the season pretty much here and the fact that a Gopro or Contour camera has started to become a standard piece of equipment for many people, I thought a little discussion on the videos being produced would be nice to have. This post is not directed at anyone and I have seen many nice locally made vids on CKF, but I don't think myself and others can handle a season where dozens of POV videos will be posted.

Just some facts:

-No one wants to watch you mow the lawn for 3:38 minutes from your helmet cam. It's great that your lessons on vacation have paid off and you can ride, but we really don't need to see you cruising around.

-POV videos of the bar and kite or you kiting from the kite leave alot to be desired, regardless of the level of riding. Mix it in with other shots, but it does suck when that is whole vid

-Not every session is worth posting.

Some Suggestions:

-If your going to make a video try something new so all of us can learn for your mistakes and successes. Crashes are interesting to watch, you boosting with your knees to your chest is not .

-Shots that offer real perspective on conditions would be great to see. These shots are almost impossible to get via a helmet or kite attachment. Take an establishing shot from a vantage point of where you will riding before you make your vid.

-Try recording another rider so we can watch them trying some stuff or have another rider record you. Camera on a pole with a leash gives the best shots.

-We have outstanding kiting on the Great lakes, lets make videos that reflect that

We should have good riding here today as it is already capping
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Re: Man your Gopro Videos are lame.

Postby FSP » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:42 am

I totally agree with dude from the north. I actually get sea sick watching some of those angles and stuff that is way to long and sorry but just not that interesting! Do what he says and consider following someone better than you whos ripping that day as as number of riders are really getting good and fun to watch. change up them angles and mimic scenes you see in a really good kite or surf flick and less upside down lawn mowing.
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby adseguy » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:34 am

Yup. Lawn mowing is still fun and just fine to do, just don't share it with people. I think also video editing can be a daunting task for some people, but it's worth the effort. Camera angles are a huge plus so I also suggest switching those up. I guess I'll be arrogant enough to say my videos don't fall into this category, but that's because I take hours of video and shave it down to a few clips that last 2-3 minutes. Yes, it takes a while, but just mark down the locations you have a good shot then compile them, organize them, and viola you have a decent video.
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby ironben » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:07 pm

lets wait for hero remote control. this will save lots of time of going trough your footage.
I think we will start seeing great footage from north flats at Wolf. Its time to move the bar up and trash some kites by doing some sick flat water moves. :evil: :evil:

FAT LADY 17M;RPM 9,12M;Nobile NHP 7m
NHP 137";2015 SS Celeritas 5.11
Ben 630space638space3888 http://www.youtube.com/ironbeno
ironben
Master of Kite

Postby West » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:41 am

Nice suggestions on how to make a cooler video to view boyz.....looking forward to watching the riding and scenery around the BIG LAKE!!!!!!!! 8)

One of the neat things Jerry always comments about our forum, is how "user friendly" it is.... how the camaraderie of the riders really shows through, and posts are not belittled.........that being said, bear in mind that you guys are absolutely the most talented and most active kiters in the area and you enjoy watching others RIP IT UP!!!!!!!! There are also quite a few beginners and intermediates around who probably like watching other kiters in their general competency level, and are excited to show their shiz......make sure not to intimidate them from posting some of their recent riding successes.

Although not as polished in their videos, I always enjoy watching guys cruising a different lake, popping off the water, completing a jibe, or attempting a roll...and truth be told: they are having every bit as much FUN as the guy doing the handle-passes.........that's the beauty of our sport: twintips, surfboards, skimmers, strapless; it's all got appeal, all levels......... KEEP IT REAL, AND SHARE IN THE STOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

......remember, this IS the mainland, bruddah :wink:
West
Wind Whore

Postby gbleck » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:49 pm

What do you edit with? I need something to cut down my gopro film.
Me = 145lb + 6" + (15M spd3 dlx, 11M x-bow, Kahoona 9.5M, 7.5V2) + Zap skim, home made 133 orange carbon aka Bifrost, home made black 170x50 cabon racing light wind tt, 133 wide tip carbon) + red helmet
gbleck
Master of Kite

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:45 am

gbleck wrote:What do you edit with? I need something to cut down my gopro film.

I know Sony Vegas and Adobe premier are used a lot. From what I have heard is that Sony Vegas is a little easier to work with.
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Postby ironben » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:18 am

i use Power Director, easy to use, super fast rendering
FAT LADY 17M;RPM 9,12M;Nobile NHP 7m
NHP 137";2015 SS Celeritas 5.11
Ben 630space638space3888 http://www.youtube.com/ironbeno
ironben
Master of Kite

Postby Kevin » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:53 pm

Just to shorten clips quickly, I use Streamclip (free)
Kevin
Resident Windfreak

Postby gbleck » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:41 pm

you can clip the start and finish on a youtube clip right through the websight if I am remembering right. Need somthing that can adjust the playback speed to fast forward sections.
Me = 145lb + 6" + (15M spd3 dlx, 11M x-bow, Kahoona 9.5M, 7.5V2) + Zap skim, home made 133 orange carbon aka Bifrost, home made black 170x50 cabon racing light wind tt, 133 wide tip carbon) + red helmet
gbleck
Master of Kite

Postby skysurfr » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:26 pm

I hope this isn't too offensive? There's some lawn mowing, but a near perfect one handed spin....

http://vimeo.com/39562535
Mike

2007- Naish Thorn, Torch 16/12, 2008 10M Alliance. '07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish Midwest Team. GoPro Cameras! Red Helmet and Fashionable Football Shirt. :-)
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Postby dbur » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:46 pm

one handed and unhooked! wow!
Kahoona '09 9.5 white, 13.5 gold, 137 BRO
dbur
Resident Windfreak

Postby IVO » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:57 am

skysurfr wrote:I hope this isn't too offensive? There's some lawn mowing, but a near perfect one handed spin....

http://vimeo.com/39562535

Loved it!!!Awesome technique..keep them coming 8)
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby adseguy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:13 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA.. I seriously laughed out loud.
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby IVO » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:52 pm

I did quick google search on mowing lawn and here is the winner,I couldnt decided which one to post here,so I'll post both..

warning,very disturbing,but as same as this topic :lol:

[youtube]MvFSgXpyhoM[/youtube]

Hope this somehow helps

Hope this somehow helps
:?
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby Pier » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:34 am

Awesome! :lol:
Pier Paolo - six3o 6four0 2o8seven
Pier
Master of Kite

Postby Jimbo » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:43 am

Ha! Ha! :lol: At least the the guy is using a hoover mower to keep the "grass off his ass"
Jim
Jimbo
Kite Crew in Training

Return to Open Forum