Sheboygan the 18th

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Sheboygan the 18th

Postby Northerner » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:20 pm

If you want to ride tomorrow Sheboygan should be good but most likely great for most of the day. I rode from 11:30 until 5 today completely lite on a 12 rpm and 134 bro board. Wind was very clean near the shore for most of the day. 6-7 guys out mostly on 9-12's. I rode my surf board towards the 4 and should have been on a 8. It felt just like june and water is much warmer then I thought it would be , no gloves. Forecast looks the same for tomorrow.
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Re: Sheboygan the 18th

Postby Pier » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:00 pm

Thanks for the update Andrew, I'll be there tomorrow.
Pier Paolo - six3o 6four0 2o8seven
Pier
Master of Kite

Postby Northerner » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:46 am

Capping here already with full sunshine for the day. It's simply going to rock. I bet we will be riding around 11:45 today until 5ish. I don't think the wind will be as strong as yesterday but it will still be solid 12 meter riding. Going to be a great day at the beach.
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby Northerner » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:00 pm

Scored big again today with nice riding from 12:30 till 5:30. Wind started at 10:30 with 20kts on shore and then it backed off to the outside until 12:30-1. After that it was clean wind and 9-12 meter kites, though Pier rocked his 7.5 all day. Hard to believe the wind reading from the meter on the light house between 3-5 as it was the strongest and best wind near shore at that time.

Great see old friend again and to enjoy a preview of summer.
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:21 am

After living in the Chicago Area for 2 years now I start to understand that the websites lots of us use are not really helpful at all. Started to use the NOAA Bouy information sites. Northerner if the weekend will be as amazing as you just described would you please keep us up to date here? Would love to get some real riding in with better conditions!
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Postby Northerner » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:22 am

Do you want me to drive down and pick you up?

I clearly laid out the fact wind will occur the next day, gave the times it will occur, posted that caps where on the lake and gave the size kite one can plan on riding.

One can't predict much beyond one day accuratly.
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby maly » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:32 am

Northerner wrote:Do you want me to drive down and pick you up? ..... .

Yes please ... it would save me around 40 bucks for gas money. :-) But the money was well spent yesterday, awesome day in Sheboygan , I'm starting to believe that there is some magic going on there. I do agree that the wind graph totaly doesn't reflect the wind yesterday , especially between 3-4:30 PM .
Andrew, thanks again for the heads up. Duch you need to start paying attention man :-) .
Mario
maly
Adrenaline Junkie

Postby Artem » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:40 am

I'll take a trip up there soon, just gotta wait for my new gear to come in!! :evil: :evil:
Black 2011 12m North Vegas, Orange Best HP Nemesis 7m, 134cm Naish Thorn, 8'6 surfboard
-------------------------------------------------------
Artem
Artem
Boosticus Maximus

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:08 pm

no pick up needed. I was trying to say if up coming weekend will be like last weekend let us know again. wife out of town so let the wind gonuts. keep my eyes open this time LOL
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Postby IVO » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:59 pm

maly wrote:
Northerner wrote:Do you want me to drive down and pick you up? ..... .

Yes please ... it would save me around 40 bucks for gas money. :-)

Holy smoking batman deal!!!!Yes and YESSSSS!!!Why I didnt come up with this idea first....?thats what I call ultimate invitation from Sheboygan crew.I live 15min from Mariusz .I thought I do have some plans for upcoming weekend and was kinda looking to ride waves as my first session this year,but this,come on!Andrew,without any more delay from my part,grab a bus from school and come to pick us up.Most of the crew is living north of me so no problem to pick all up,than Milwaukee crew,,,yessssss!!!!!!Im sure in time we reach Sheboygan coastline very few would still be able to kite and we could move on to Mexican cousin to kick the party forward,good times. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dutchkiteboarder wrote:After living in the Chicago Area for 2 years now I start to understand that the websites lots of us use are not really helpful at all. Started to use the NOAA Bouy information sites. Northerner if the weekend will be as amazing as you just described would you please keep us up to date here? Would love to get some real riding in with better conditions!

Dutch.at least you did figure out now,two years is not bad,most couldnt see pass Meteograms and other computer forecats,which in the most part is useless.Cant agree more with Sheriff,one cant make accurate wind~related prediction more than one day in advance,but you can start to memorize and learn patterns,see coming hot~cold fronts(7days ahead) and most importantly to learn about what direction of wind works the best for different places.You did asked Andrew about upcoming weekend,have you looked if you see some similarities between last weekend and next one first?

Nevertheless crash courses are not given and magic info from locals is expensive,the route to knowing start with full tank of gas and beers in both hands,lmao

This is gonna be great year,

Trooper out!
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby Pier » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:07 pm

IVO, we missed you yesterday...we didn't have the waves that you were looking for but here is what we got:

Signature Sheriff forecast with predicted rideable starting time...
Warm and sunny weather...
The 15 degrees temperature drop that you face while driving by Port Sheldon which tells you that it's going to happen...
8 kites that wave at you when the lake shore drive opens up...
The warmest welcome from the boyz...
Big grins everywhere in the water because it feels too good to be true...
The prime view of the best tricks of Dalius, Jens, Andrew...
Post session coldies while contemplating the colors that surround the magic...

...and the new look of the Sheriff's mustache... PRICELESS!!!

Can't wait for the next one
Pier Paolo - six3o 6four0 2o8seven
Pier
Master of Kite

Return to Where to Ride Today