Braking using Kites

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Braking using Kites

Postby ampatel2 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:38 pm

I am new to Kite Surfing and have some trouble controlling my speed. What is the best way to slow down my speed and control my experience. Are there kites that have air brakes in them for newbies (i.e. a way to let air pass through the kite so there isn't much resistance?
ampatel2
Kiter Noob

Re: Braking using Kites

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:54 pm

Get proper instructions about the kites. :!: These kites can pull easy 200lbs with not knowing what you are doing and you will loose the battle :!: . You can power and depower a kite. This can help to loose pull in the kite. What is the size of the kite, the model of the kite and what year. Also what is your weight this can help us to give you better tips.

U are talking about slowing down speed? Are you on the board? The best way to slow down your speed when on the water is to butt dip!
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Re: Braking using Kites

Postby ironben » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:41 pm

use your board to slow down and to control your speed. first make sure you know how to fly your kite and the kite is right size for the condition.
Ask someone on beach(good kiteboarders :D ), and we be happy to show you few trick to do that.
one of the things i do is to edge harder, bring the kite down and point my boards more upwind.
FAT LADY 17M;RPM 9,12M;Nobile NHP 7m
NHP 137";2015 SS Celeritas 5.11
Ben 630space638space3888 http://www.youtube.com/ironbeno
ironben
Master of Kite

Return to Open Forum