WTB: A lightwind/beginner board

If you got some new digs, thinkin its gonna help your kiting step-up to the next level, blow out your used gear here and watch that grom shred harder than you on your old kite.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

WTB: A lightwind/beginner board

Postby kitekid21 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:13 am

I don't know how much time it'll take for me to learn how to kite on the water, but I'm proficient on land on an ATB. I just need a lightwind board for this summer, and I'd prefer it if the board also functioned well as a beginner board. I'm a college student, so my budget is limited. An old board in good condition will work, as long as it meets the criteria above and is durable enough to last a while. I don't care about the year or make, because I'd love to get a Spleene Door, but realistically, the funds just aren't there. I'd prefer a wake style board to a surf style board. While I'm at it, a used wetsuit would also probably be useful. I'm 6'3 and 185lbs. I don't know about sizing, but, for a college kid eating a microwaved can of beans for dinner, your closets are full of buried treasure.

I'd love to see what some of you have lying around and collecting dust.

Thanks!!!
I'm the guy in the obnoxious board shorts, always. Twitter: @chi_surfer
kitekid21
Resident Windfreak

Re: WTB: A lightwind/beginner board

Postby Luke* » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:36 pm

17m Slingshot Turbine 2011
12m Cabrinha Swichblade 2011
10m Slingshot Key HD 2011
Luke*
Board Monkey

Postby Bob » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:32 pm

I might have a friend who is selling a 152 FLX by Underground that would be better for chop, etc on the big lake if you are riding there and it's fun for overall riding. Door style boards are great for ultra light winds, but can become a handful once the wind picks up. A board with a little more rocker is just more fun and easier to jump etc.

I'm mostly out of lighter wind boards especially if you are on a budget. I might also have a good used suit, but we're heading to Utah for some skiing over spring break so remind me after we get back if interested.

bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Wind Whore

Postby kitekid21 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:17 am

Still open to offers from anyone out there....
I'm the guy in the obnoxious board shorts, always. Twitter: @chi_surfer
kitekid21
Resident Windfreak

Postby grimace » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:31 am

pm'd
grimace
Kite Crew in Training

Postby RichardW » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:40 pm

Hey, I have a 172 Cabrinha Prankster for sale for $150, it's in very good condition. If you are interested I can send you pictures. Richard
RichardW
Board Slinger

Postby FSP » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:56 pm

hana crew (super light balsa wood) super wide, thick but short 132X41 w straps and fins =$125
FSP
Zen Levitator

Return to Kiteboarding Equipment for Sale