help!

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

help!

Postby glavin » Thu May 26, 2005 10:30 pm

need advice on what kite to get, been looking around, but i still would like advice on a good kite to get. I live in iowa so the wind isnt steady at all, its gusty. I can only kite mountainboard around here on grassy open areas, and id like to get a kite that has good lift and speed and can handle the gustyness and changes in winds, gusts stay under 25 mph most of the time. I weigh around 145 lbs, and i already have my training kite mastered and im ready to move on to a more exciting kite!! thanks!
glavin
Kiter Noob

Postby STF » Tue May 31, 2005 12:32 pm

anyone,

there basiclly all the same.

Kiteforum.com

I have best kites, there cheap and good.
STF
Boosticus Maximus

Postby rhumbaflappy » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:01 pm

Medium high aspect ratio or a foil. If you never plan to go on the water, look at ozone, flysurfer (expensive), peter lynn. For inflatos, get the 5th line or one line which help you relaunch on any terrain, like grass, where non 5th line will just slide on the grass, the 5th line will get that kite flipped over so you don't need to unrig and re-setup.

Slingshot, Naish, Cabrinha, Best and North have 5th line. SS is the best, North and Cabrinha are prone to tangle. Best is very tangle prone and crappy. North I hear wasn't very good either, but if you're not spinning or doing anything crazy, you can ride any of these no problem.
R/F
rhumbaflappy
Resident Windfreak

Return to Open Forum