Mon 4/9. Lake St

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Re: Mon 4/9. Lake St

Postby Bob » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:14 am

Way to go Pier. Makes a big difference knowing you can count on others around you.
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Wind Whore

Postby skysurfr » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:24 am

...well done!
Mike

2007- Naish Thorn, Torch 16/12, 2008 10M Alliance. '07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish Midwest Team. GoPro Cameras! Red Helmet and Fashionable Football Shirt. :-)
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Postby IVO » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:17 pm

Yup,we have some of the finest kiters here in a Midwest,Good on You Pier!!!!!Sure it will come around someday :wink:

Nothing wrong with letting your gear go,you can always buy a new kite,lungs without water=priceless.

What might happen Peter,once you crashed your kite , line got twisted around tip of a kite and caused those "dead loops",glad your safety worked as should.Good to check safety system time to time and clean inside.
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby Pier » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:27 pm

Peter,

I'm glad you made it safe, opting for that move was the right thing to do since I saw you kitelooping and tea-bagging downwind.

Something similar happened to me during a downwinder, I crashed the kite on a cutback and then it started to kiteloop with no apparent reason, between one dip and the following one I was thinking: "WTF is going on here?!" :? Luckily I realized that the center line was wrapped on one side of the bar keeping the kite steered and full powered, I somewhat managed to unwrap it and regain control of the kite but those freaking seconds drinking lake water were not fun and I was about to release the whole thing. :-( As IVO said, a pair of lungs with no water are priceless!!! :wink:

By the way, I have to say that you scared the crap out of me for few very long seconds: when I first noticed that you were in trouble I was heading downwind to help but then it seemed you got the kite stable on the water while swimming back to shore, I thought that you were fine and thus went back to ride. After one tack I took a look again and I saw your kite far downwind and slowly drifting with no Peter sticking out of the water! :shock: Man, I headed downwind like crazy with a very ugly feeling but when I got closer I finally saw you on the beach... :) Then, with that relief, rescuing your kite was fun compared to what I was expecting to find...

I'm really happy that everything went fine, now it's beer time! :wink:

Bob, Mike, IVO, thanks for your kind words, I appreciate that.

I hope to see everyone on the water soon!
Pier Paolo - six3o 6four0 2o8seven
Pier
Master of Kite

Postby lebeda12345 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:44 pm

Hi Pier next I see you you will get definitely some beers on me ( rather with me ).
Peter
lebeda12345
Pump Master

Postby V » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:55 am

Pier, nice work. Props my man...
V
Unstrapped!

Previous

Return to Where to Ride Today