Twitter

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Twitter

Postby rjajr » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:07 am

Wondering who out there uses Twitter? This board and the where to ride today thread is a great thing, updates on conditions and where everyone is going on the fly. But things can change fast and with the advent of the smartphone, lots of people are connected all the time. Enter Twitter.

I must admit I am not Chicago based, I am NE Wisconsin and my spots are local, Winnebago, Sheboygan and once in a while Two Rivers. But I see Twitter being a useful thing for all associated with this board, groups of local riders could tweet conditions from the spot, photos and other information that would be useful to other riders.

I know this crazy technology thing is not for everyone, but I would be happy to follow anyone that tweets about kiting. And especially anyone updating weather and riding conditions in or near NE Wisconsin. You can follow me on twitter here - @rjalbright

If you use twitter put your user name here and perhaps we can link the board together.
Bob
rjajr
Board Monkey

Re: Twitter

Postby STF » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:39 am

We tried several years ago when Twitter came out to use it in connection with this forum. I think it was too new back then and people were still trying to figure it out. I think its about time to try it agian. Anyway Im on and love it. Chicago kitesurfing forum is @ChiKitesurfing and if everyone followed that and we included the @ChiKitesurfing in our tweets we could all get some useful info from people when they are at the beach.

Im on as @2STF
STF
Boosticus Maximus

Postby grimace » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:38 pm

where about's are you located? A couple of us in the Green Bay/ Appleton area tried to use twitter but found texting still works easier...
grimace
Kite Crew in Training

Postby rjajr » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:19 pm

Hey I am in the Oshkosh Area. I text with the main group of Riders I kite with no question but just though it might be easier as a general group to use twitter to see what is going on around the area regarding weather and conditions.

Thanks for the add

Bob
Bob
rjajr
Board Monkey

Postby kitekid21 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:50 pm

I'm in for Twitter, but maybe texting will work fine... When I finally can get started on the water! Still in school for now though. Graduation is only a month away!
I'm the guy in the obnoxious board shorts, always. Twitter: @chi_surfer
kitekid21
Resident Windfreak

Return to Open Forum