2004 Cabrinha Access,bar,pump,only 400$

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

2004 Cabrinha Access,bar,pump,only 400$

Postby IVO » Wed May 02, 2012 10:06 pm

I just bump into this topic on NW and though I would share here,since the seller is again one of ours.

http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-25764-0-asc-0.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 550wt_1185

CABRINHA ACCESS KITE PACKAGE : Includes Kite, RECON easy relaunch and safety system Bar and lines, Pump, Bar bag, Kite backpack bag and leash.

Kite is in excellant condition. The fabric is crispy and I did not notice any repairs or even pinholes.

I believe the kite is from 2005 but it may be a year earlier or later. It is in very good condition. Looks like it has been used very little. Definately has a lot of life left in it !!!

PRODUCT INFO:

The RECON equipped Access is our entry level and recreational kite. It is the lowest aspect ratio kite in our range. The low AR is credited for the easy handling, steady power range, and effortless water relaunching of the Access. We all know that school and recreational kites sometimes take the worst beating. Special reinforcements have been added to the Access to increase its durability. This Recon equipped kite can be configured for 1st time riders so that the depower function is automatically activated when they unhook from the harness and let go of the bar. All of the original Recon release methods are intact even when configured this way.

This is a complete package - NO RESERVE

BUY WITH CONFIDENCE AS I HAVE 100% POSITIVE FEEDBACK AND HAVE SOLD OVER 99 ITEMS MOSTLY KITEBOARD GEAR. ALSO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER KITEBOARD ITEMS UP FOR AUCTION. Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I shook my head in disbelieve, that there are buyers for outdated,ridiculously overprized and dangerous gear like this.On other hand you really had to have tough skin on your back to be selling gear like this.Imagine after reading description I would think,Im 1st time rider so I will activate Recon system and shit all is well,sick!No wonder why this add never manage to get to our section,since this BS would never fly here.

So to new guys who are just getting into sport,please do Yourself and US a big favor,take a proper lessons when looking to learn kitesurfing,dont be shy and ask on the forums.Everyone has to start somehow and 2004 kite just isnt going to do it no matter what is seller telling you.Great respect to all who had to learn on gear like this,but that is a past and learning on new~er gear is much more fun and safer for ALLto be involved.
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Re: 2004 Cabrinha Access,bar,pump,only 400$

Postby jensmadwind » Wed May 02, 2012 10:59 pm

That is a shity thing to do to someone Henry. Life is pretty easy, just don't do things to others you wouldn't want done to you.
Last edited by jensmadwind on Wed May 02, 2012 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 mph?
jensmadwind
Zen Levitator

Postby FSP » Wed May 02, 2012 11:09 pm

IVO wrote:I did not notice any repairs or even pinholes.

uh dont ya think this line kinda tells all??? haaaa
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby Artem » Thu May 03, 2012 1:28 pm

Wow, that is pretty low. Nice job flipping a kite which you got for $40 for over $400.
Black 2011 12m North Vegas, Orange Best HP Nemesis 7m, 134cm Naish Thorn, 8'6 surfboard
-------------------------------------------------------
Artem
Artem
Boosticus Maximus

Postby IVO » Fri May 04, 2012 4:48 pm

kite
Sent: Fri May 04, 2012 2:58 pm
To: IVO

I started the bidding low. People bid it up. If you list a honda civic 2000 at $4000 and people bid it up to $10,000 its not the sellers fault. Don't even get me into this of who is right or wrong. Look at artems feedback he has 11 negative feedbacks. You have to really screw someone over and lie to them to get that he even sold west's buddy a leaking kite. I have 101 all positive. When people have a problem like a leak I send them money back. That's why I have %100 positive feedback.

If people bid up a kite or a car or anything I am selling it's their decision I took 12 pictures and posted the product info.

Just saying. So let's cut the talking shit behind a computer on a public forum. This is like little kids talking shit on facebook. Im not even gonna respond to it anymore. I'm better than that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The thing is Henry,I dont talk shit on public forums and than different stuff in real life like many,for me there's no difference.

In past when had my differences with some people,normally I did solve it off the board...you presenting yourself as a "kitesurfing instructor" here and as a guy who flips kite for money,looking out for buyer,checking lines and testing gear before selling.ect.I do care less that you ripped off someone with that price tag what blows is YOU sold piece of shit as a great kite in amazing condition to a NEW GUY,since no one else would buy it for that money.You put info about kite from 2004 as a description for it in 2012.Does that seems ok with you?Either you dont understand nothing about the gear you selling or you dont care.As a "kitesurfing instructor" thats a unacceptable and 100% unethical in either way.

Hope you catching my drift now.

I didnt get this topic up to discuss that you sold kite for 400$ I did it because I do care whats happening around Lake Michigan,this is not a huge community,its more like a family for those who travel around it.Many times I did send new guys home with similar gear buying off ebay and idea where to start from.That said Im very surprised what you are willing to do to make money.

Dont be surprised to be called on BS publicly if you doing such a great service for this community as you saying,simple.
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby snowball » Fri May 04, 2012 5:02 pm

I listed it at $199 for a 2005 kite+bar+bag+pump all in A+ condition and posted 12 pictures and copy and pasted the product info from cabrinha.

That is not a rip off in anyway or BS. If people bid it up that is their decision.
My Quiver: Slingshot Fuels, Best Waroos, Mystic Harness, Brokite Board, Zap Skimboard, Naish Surfboard.

KITEBOARDING LESSONS - WATER - SNOW - LAND + GEAR SALES !!!

Owner at http://www.ChicagoKiteboardingLessons.com Email: Chicagokitelessons@gmail.com
snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Postby FSP » Fri May 04, 2012 6:45 pm

ivo once called me on using a beginner kite and i had to call him on not hitting the lip harder. now we see eye to eye.
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby Rorke » Fri May 04, 2012 8:08 pm

100% agree with Ivo.

Snowball, what a complete dogshit move to sell that kite at any price!

What "Instructor" would do that to somebody?

Who would want to take a "lesson" from a guy who does that?

Not very "BROtherly" to f*ck a rookie.

Booooo.
IKO Certified Instructor
USCG Master 100T
USCG Approved Instructor/Examiner
Red Cross - First Aid / CPR Instructor

http://www.lakeeffectkite.com
Rorke
Zen Levitator

Postby JEF » Sat May 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Bad karma Henry

You suck. You should have advertised that for what it is...
JEF
Pump Master

Postby snowball » Sat May 12, 2012 7:23 pm

Just to clear some things up.

I took 12 PICTURES clearly showing what kite was being sold, described the model and year kite and inspected it for repairs/damage it was barely used. Some idiot bid it up stupidly high 100% out of my control. I NEVER said beginner or newbie kite. I would only say that when selling a bow kite. I listed it at $199 for a A+ 2005 Cabrinha kite+bar+new pump nothing wrong with that at all.

You guys are hating for no reason. Live your own life instead of hating on someone else that did not lie or do anything wrong. I'm out. I'm not going to let it phase me.
My Quiver: Slingshot Fuels, Best Waroos, Mystic Harness, Brokite Board, Zap Skimboard, Naish Surfboard.

Owner at http://www.ChicagoKiteboardingLessons.com Email: Chicagokitelessons@gmail.com
snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Postby JEF » Sat May 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Henry-

WIthin in the ad you quoted Cabrinha. "entry level kite"

That is the same as you saying it...
JEF
Pump Master

Postby adseguy » Sat May 12, 2012 10:03 pm

I'm not going to defend Henry here, but I don't understand what the big fuss is about. Is it not in the condition he promised? Where is the deceiving material? Maybe I missed something.

I think people just don't agree with selling whatever the fuck you want to whomever the fuck you want. I wouldn't buy that crap, but sounds like 9 people did....who cares. If they hurt themselves cause it's a piece of shit then Cabrinha has a big problem on their hands....from 7 years ago. People rode that kite all day long many years ago, what's the big deal? Let's take out all the old cars off the road because their crash ratings are terrible against today's standards. Let's BAN smoking, because that's simply no good (EVEN WITH THE WARNINGS!).

Listen, I understand the concern some of you have and it's a very valid point, but you are walking down a slippery slope when you say that old gear shouldn't be sold. what are we supposed to do with them? Rip them up? This is just my feeling here, but people are pissed that local shops are having their business being taken away from. Also, why is the amount of money he made off the kite even mentioned? If anything, KUDOS!

If I've taken anything out of context or I missed something let me know.
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby Coleo » Sat May 12, 2012 10:29 pm

My first kite was a used 2005 ocean rodeo c kite. Course it was back in 2007. Thought I scored a deal on ebay, kite worked fine, lived to tell the tale. By the way, anyone want to buy a 2005 ocean rodeo diablo c kite? :)
Coleo
Board Monkey

Postby 4w7s » Sat May 12, 2012 11:01 pm

When that Cabrinha Access came out it was a pretty nice kite for teaching and there were certainly much worse kites out there at that time.

Some of us learned on kites that were much MUCH worse than that Access. Is it as "good" or as "safe" as the kites available in 2006, 2007....2012? I've been kiting for 12 years, learned with some of the crappiest gear ever made, and I never got injured because I relied on other things to prevent getting hurt - common sense and good judgement....and I learned to ride. At the time I would have loved having that Access as my first kite - and I'm sure I would have loved a post 2006 kite even more...and I'll agree would certainly have preferred a new 2012 kite. But I still have some 2007 kites that I love to ride. Will learning be as easy with an Access vs a newer SLE?...Generally no. But what does "safe" mean anyway? I think that quality lies with the behaviour of the rider as much as anything.

Some people might even seek out that kite?? I had a guy who wanted my 2004 Cabrinha CO2's because he loved them so much...and his dad owns a legit kite shop!!!! That Cab bar for the Access was kind of the bollox, but so were most others at the time...even now some bars are crap, but most are big improvements. I think the Access coupled with a better bar (or at least retrofit the bar with better QR) wouldn't be so bad.

I have not looked at all the advertising or communication that snowball did with regard to this sale, but if he represetned that the safety systems are as good as the newer kites that could be misleading. And I have no idea what the buyer's expectations or knowledge were either. But I think for the most part the safety features of any kite are embedded much more in the integrity of the bar system (QR and leash set-up) than the kite itself...and the use thereof.

Assuming snowball was not trying to mislead or deceive the buyer this issue also puts some responsibility on the buyer... "caveat emptor" is a concept that has been around for 2000+ years. Should a newbie rely on our kiting "bros" to be straight with him - maybe yes but he should perform his own due diligence - and even then it's still very subjective. There are people who still say that "lessons aren't necessary"..."learn it by yourself, I did"..."lessons are a rip-off"..."buy this (crap) bar because that's what Joe Pro uses" ...etc.

I've got a few older C-kites lying around. If someone wants to buy them I'm not going to lose sleep as long as they are informed buyers...they aren't necessarily bad kites if you know what you want and know what you are getting. This also invites the anaolgy about buying an older car....i.e. 1980 VW micro bus - probably a road safety nightmare if you compare it to a newer vehicle, but people still want them and love them. Do we judge those sellers/buyers? No, we usually flash them the Peace Sign.

(edited my annoying spelling & grammar errors)
Last edited by 4w7s on Sun May 13, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roberto
PASA Level II Instructor
4w7s
Zen Levitator

Postby Bob » Sat May 12, 2012 11:39 pm

Henry,

I'll keep this short and can add some perspective.

1) If it was just one kite being sold on EBAY, etc. it wouldn't be as big of a deal with most. But, since you and others are buying and selling used gear, you should know as much as possible about the gear to represent it properly (performance and function). Hell, I only carry 3 or 4 lines and have a hard enough time keeping up on everything.

2) I really don't have a problem with flipping kites (not my style), but as alluded to above, credibility is hard to get and even harder to keep in any business and since this business is so small, intimate and passionate, riders are going to call out others if something seems to be misrepresented.

3) It's not about the price. $400? That's up to the bidders to decide. It was probably about the bar. That is one hell of an old bar and old technology. As Roberto mentioned, a different bar and that kite could be better (old, but better). I think the guys were calling it out that nothing was mentioned about the bar and safety system.

I still have issues with Epic and Eclipse bars and some older Slingshot bars with butter box problems and when they arise, I'll post the concerns on forums and contact customers direct.

It sounds though Henry that you are doing well from a service and intentions on the gear, but this one was a hard one for some to swallow.

Hope this helps,

Bob
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Wind Whore

Postby Derek » Sun May 13, 2012 10:29 am

I still own 5 Recon kites. They are easier to relaunch than some of the earlier bow kites. I never learned to relaunch a "true" 4 line kite.

with 12 pictures - how do we know that the buyer wasn't an old school guy who likes the Recon system? No one can see into the mind of another, but a 8 year old kite is an old, old kite and I do believe that someone who can read can also count.

IVO - reposting a private message someone writes you is a temerarious act.
Derek
Board Monkey

Postby STF » Sun May 13, 2012 11:10 am

Ive got a 21m Nemi (C kite) 2001. Awsome for fatties and beginners.

:lol: :lol:

just kidding Im keeping it
STF
Boosticus Maximus

Postby Northerner » Sun May 13, 2012 11:22 am

Ya you are because you are a FATTY

So get up to Sheboygan next time its windy Corporal Chunks. With every tack you make you can have another bite of brat. Right now myself and another local rider are working on a water proof bun. This will allow you to immediately replace each calorie lost from kiting with new or fresh (healthy) calories from pork sausage.

STF, by the end of summer your 21 will be your high wind kite
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby Kevin » Sun May 13, 2012 11:43 am

+1 for what Adrien and Derek said.

We need some wind.
Kevin
Resident Windfreak

Postby snowball » Sun May 13, 2012 11:51 am

Yea some of you guys seriously need to go kiteboarding or get laid or something lol and yeah ivo reposting a private message was really BROtherly of you. :lol: . lmao

snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Next

Return to Open Forum