2004 Cabrinha Access,bar,pump,only 400$

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Re: 2004 Cabrinha Access,bar,pump,only 400$

Postby snowball » Tue May 15, 2012 8:32 am

Ok than start a new topic about the morals of selling old gear?

I am an honest seller I list my kites accurately and you know that. My name should not be the center of this !!!

I layed out my points. I know im honest and that's all that matters to me. This is now getting unprofessional on my side. As a business I am not going to take it personal. Its way too early for me to even be reading this like somethings wrong here its kind of sad what some of you guys have turned into when you are hiding behind a computer the true ego comes out.

Negativity only breeds more negativity. Im not going to take a part in it any longer.

You guys need to go kiteboarding or smoke something get laid and chill the fuck out. Live your lives. The most pathetic thing is too have to hate on someone else who is living their dreams. I'm a college student i could be working 40 hours a week at $8.25 a hour and going to school and have no time to kiteboard. I choose to do much more fulfilling bigger things with my life. So hate on.

Have a good one you all.

Cya on the water
My Quiver: Slingshot Fuels, Best Waroos, Mystic Harness, Brokite Board, Zap Skimboard, Naish Surfboard.

KITEBOARDING LESSONS - WATER - SNOW - LAND + GEAR SALES !!!

Owner at http://www.ChicagoKiteboardingLessons.com Email: Chicagokitelessons@gmail.com
snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Postby snowball » Tue May 15, 2012 8:40 am

This is the last time I am replying or even reading this BS.

Thanks everyone that made valid points stating their opinions. Jens, Adrian, Derek, etc.

Hope this forum makes a turn for the better as this really used to be a great place to meet up with local riders and talk about the newest gear and overall fun stuff. :roll:
My Quiver: Slingshot Fuels, Best Waroos, Mystic Harness, Brokite Board, Zap Skimboard, Naish Surfboard.

Owner at http://www.ChicagoKiteboardingLessons.com Email: Chicagokitelessons@gmail.com
snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Postby jensmadwind » Tue May 15, 2012 8:45 am

Ivo is only trying to stand up for what he believes is right. He is not a hater, however you use the term. There is nothing to be gained by "hating on you" the effort being put into this discussion is about ethics and character. Neither Ivo or myself have anything to gain by your rep being fluffed or shitted on, we are just trying to point out what we see and how we see it.

Henry, you keep stating your Ebay reputation, being someone who does not use ebay, it looks to me that your positive feedback is in response to your prompt service and communication. Good job, that's how any respectable business should perform.

However this is how I imagine your latest customers realization of his/her purchase.

Scenerio plays out at local kite spot.

customer walks up to group of kiters..

"hey guys how are you? my name is Joe, and I am just starting to get into this awesome looking sport.
crew.. thats great man, are you taking lessons?

Joe " well i might but I found this great beginner package on ebay and I was thinking of giving it a go by myself at first, you know save a little money"

crew ok, thats not the best way but if your going to try let us see what you've equipped yourself with.

Joe Here it is, and I only paid $400 dollars for it.

crew general laughter and surprise thats a beginner package alright, for its time. Did the seller say anything about the kite and bar tech being outdated and not as beginner friendly as a kite just a year or two newer would be.

Joe, No none of that, just alot of tech information about the kite, but it said beginner and effortless relaunch.

Crew Well the kite does not have near the range or the relaunch capabilities of the newer bridled kites, see that guy on the water with his kite down, all he does is pull a outside line and up the kite goes, your kite relies on an system that was in use for only one year and was found to be very gimmicky and over engineered.

Joe so i was mislead to believe that this was a good buy for a beginner?

crew. yep

if the guys is lucky thats how it plays out. Three years ago in Madison we had two guys show up at our spot with a 19m c kite they had bought on ebay. It was blowing 30 and they proceeded to walk away from us to an adjacent field and hot launch the kite dead down wind. The guy with the control bar got lofted 25 feet up into a tree and broke his arm in a couple places bouncing of the branches on his way down.

but i am sure you shipped the kite out right away. sorry henry not trying to hate, just painting the picture as I see it.

Just seeing your last post, and I take no offense to this, I am not hiding behind a computer nor is Ivo, if we were having this discussion on the beach with a jury of our peers I think I would be much more persuasive. Its tough to know whether people are getting the jist of the thoughts behind the words.
10 mph?
jensmadwind
Zen Levitator

Postby snowball » Tue May 15, 2012 8:57 am

As a business you have to sell product as long as the product has a working safety and you are not misleading it or falsification of the info no problems.

This is what I saw in that store last time. Southport riggings kenosha.

Slingshot pickelfork $499 (This is something I would not sell as I feel is a safety hazard, I would give it away to an advanced rider for free)

old c Cabrinha kite only - $500 (I would not charge this much)

2 line kite -$300 (I would give this one away for free to an advanced rider too)

2007? Cabrinha kite only - $1300 (I would list for $175 and let the bidders decide how high)

And Jens the ebay feedback usually does not come in for a week or two. It is a overall rating. The person selects how many stars from 5 categories such as how detailed and true was the listing. Shipping speed. Fair shipping price, Communication, etc. How you handle claims. For example I listed a waroo and missed a repair. So I sent the dude $50 back just to make sure he was a satisfied customer even though the repair was very small easily missed by the common eye and only cosmetic.

snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Postby skysurfr » Tue May 15, 2012 11:07 pm

I"ll do it. Enough is enough. You've all said the same thing three times over.

Go attack eachother on the the kiteforum where all they do is hate on everything and anything. Please send eachother private messages if you want to
continue this. I think everyone made their points clearly.

Since it seems that the whole intent here is to flame, humiliate, or embarrass someone I'm going to lock the topic. This could have been handled with a private message if there was genuine concern. When I have other kiteboarders asking me how I feel about all the "drama" on the message board I know it's time to do something.

Everyone go find some wind.

Mike
Mike

2007- Naish Thorn, Torch 16/12, 2008 10M Alliance. '07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish Midwest Team. GoPro Cameras! Red Helmet and Fashionable Football Shirt. :-)
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Previous

Return to Open Forum