Sheboygan weekend kite jamboree

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Sheboygan weekend kite jamboree

Postby Northerner » Thu May 17, 2012 6:45 pm

Scored an outstanding session today to start off the magic that is coming. Rode from 3 until 5 first lite on a 13 REV and then my 12 RPM and small board. Wind was right on shore and smoooooth. At first it was only good in the first 200 yards, but then is filled in outside. Overall great day for new ticks and old ones done big.

So whats on Tap? A good time fore sure. Friday will be good from 10:30 until 5:30 with the chance of 9 meter conditions. Saturday will see 16-22 and smooth over all wind. We will ride from 11:30 until 5ish with 12-16 meter conditions. I will update on this, along with sunday tomorrow

It will be busy so stay south of the parking lot and if you are learning don't clog the launch up. Get up and out, then head down wind until you are past the park.

We will have a grill and coolers down by the launch. Bring a smile, a high five and of course the Eastern European beers that can only be found in Chicago, thanks Maro for the four last friday. We will have the Cows.
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Re: Sheboygan weekend kite jamboree

Postby Ripshade » Thu May 17, 2012 8:55 pm

Erika and I will be seeing you this weekend! Probably be camping in Kohler Andre or so.
Ripshade
Wind Chaser

Postby IVO » Thu May 17, 2012 10:30 pm

Hitting Da road in am,worked out my day off yesterday.See you all tmr 8)

Zombiedust,Gumballhead on a North winds,Spotted Cows on SoutEast,Two Hearted on SoutWest.Thats the way to do it!
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby suribe » Fri May 18, 2012 7:12 am

Hi Guys,

It will be my first weekend out on the water, still a begginer but would like to come up for saturday, and possibly Sunday. If I want to stay, do I have to reserve a campground spot or how does it work? I will be riding an 11m, do you think the conditions will be good enough for it?

Thanks for your help and if anybody needs a ride let me know. I can fit one, possibly two. Leaving saturday morning and returning Sunday afternoon (times can be flexible).
suribe
Sand Bagger

Postby IVO » Fri May 18, 2012 10:45 am

Santa West brought us boards to ride,so we will be demoing all weekend,come to ride and share the stoke.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10624

Mahalo Captain!!!!!
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby Northerner » Fri May 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Suribe. This time of year I'm guessing you can just grab a site at Terry Andre state park with out problems. You should be fine on your 11 as long as you are not huge.
We'll see ya at the beach.

I'm off to ride right now...

IVO does that mean west is coming up?? I think it does. SWEET

Now we just need old Greg to show his ugly face.
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby suribe » Fri May 18, 2012 5:36 pm

Awesome, thanks for the info. Is there any specific beach you guys are at, or can I simply ask around Sheboygan for the kite surfing beach?

C u guys tomorrow!
suribe
Sand Bagger

Postby West » Sat May 19, 2012 7:22 am

Couldn't make it this time Sheriff, but sent a few boards up your way!!!!!!!! ENJOY, and let me know how they ride......looks as though you guys have the awesome forcast for several days, rip it up. Gonna be a great crowd up there, sure wish I was there with you guys. 8)

BTW Ivo I like your beer/wind direction chart....gonna add Shorts on a South gale to that list this year Trooper!!!!!
West
Wind Whore

Postby Northerner » Sat May 19, 2012 8:35 am

To bad West, it would be great to have ya up, but I understand sooner or later you got to pay the piper.

Everyone was super stoked yesterday as we had smooth on the beach wind until about 5 with most people riding 8-13 meter kites. People were riding before 11 am.

Today still looks outstanding with similar conditions on the docket.

Again we will have coolers with ice and a grill for people to use at the launch. Around four right when everyone is getting really hungry Jose's Taco truck from our famous taco joint is going to try to make it to the launch with some of the states best tacos and burritos.

Good living heading our way today
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby Bob » Sat May 19, 2012 10:08 am

Andrew,

Thanks for the invite, but have to get some new riders up and going today here in Madtown. Looked awesome yesterday and it was light here.

One of these days.
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Wind Whore

Postby Northerner » Sun May 20, 2012 8:12 am

Great day yesterday with 20 plus kites out on the water. Wind was very smooth and everyone was having a blast, with people going big, crashing hard and trying new stuff. Ryan gets the award of most attempts with his unstrapped skim board transition back roll kiteloop spinny twist. Wind blew into the evening with riders on the water past 6. Most on 8-13 meter kites depending on their size.

Today we will be riding by 10:30 with chance of storms after 4. I think it will be alittle stronger today and I'm not overly worried about the storms, though late morning and early afternoon will be the time to ride. Dalius and Artem get up here, Now

Missed ya Bob, but understandable, hope you guys get it good again today.

I hope I got another day in me!!!
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby jarch » Sun May 20, 2012 12:42 pm

Awwwww man! Definitely missing those awesome Sheboygan summer weekends. Love hanging with everyone on and off the water. Rip it up for me. I'm on my last two days here in Corpus. May be back in Chicago early June.
jarch
Boosticus Maximus

Re: Sheboygan weekend kite jamboree - first-timer's thx

Postby xwindsurf » Sun May 20, 2012 9:33 pm

It was so sweet to join the legends for riding on Friday, and then for a party at Sheriff's house, and then for more riding on Saturday...
Memorable moments on the water, thanks for your help, guys, when I messed up a few times...
The amount of beating you guys are able to take mastering all these super-cool moves is very inspiring to say the least.
Just as memorable moments out of the water, like listening to The Wives of the Big Riders, exchanging memories of the first dates ("He told me almost immediately he was a kiter, and if I don't understand he needs to go when it's windy, it's not going to work..."), or Sheriff's story how he chased some no-clue fatso in a Subaru Outback out of the South Beach, without ever landing the kite...
Precious - thanks. If you ever come to Chicago, and need a place to crash for a night or two, my home is your home.
Tom
--------------
773-725-2535
xwindsurf
Master of Kite

Postby Northerner » Mon May 21, 2012 6:44 am

Saved the best for last on this blow.

Riders out around 10:30 am and we charged until the scattered storms came through around 4ish. Wind was strong from the start and made it up to solid 8 meter for many. Great vibe filled the beach again, With about 10-15 kites out. Ended the day with a hard down the line strapless session in knee to hip waves just lit on the 8

Great hanging with ya Tomek and everyone else, I'm glad we got your kite tuned up. The guy in the outback driving on the beach over people's lines needed to have a bit of a talking to. Can we call boosting on to the beach then forcefully opening a person car door and getting in their face about how roads are for driving and beaches for chilling a new Trick?

Highlight of yesterday for me was watching Ryan nail his mega loops and getting nailed myself hard by a stalled and then tomahawking kite when riding on the outside. I zigged to avoid it and the kite zagged. The L.E. came in the fast and hard and just took me out completely. Oh well.

IVO where'd you go? Jarch, come up to Sheboygan for a few days when your in the area, got it?
Last edited by Northerner on Mon May 21, 2012 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby IVO » Mon May 21, 2012 8:32 am

It was nice to see everyone,even friends I didn't see for a long time showed up.Kiting,party was off the hook on Friday and BBQ on Saturday will be hard to beat for a long time.Thanks for all hospitality again!!!

New boards are amazing,have to make a post about it a near future..

Andrew I'm glad you scored it again good on Sunday,but I had to leave,you didn't get my msg or what?After throwing that karate move down the stairs I was in some pain on Saturday,but still could ride,but after l did land kiteloop on my back very last session the deal was almost sealed for Sunday.We had that beer together at your place and I left soon after it.No kiting yesterday for me.

See you guys on next one,have to get into some surf soon!!!!!!!

Btw.You and Ryan got couple good picture,gonna try to get them up soon
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby rjajr » Wed May 23, 2012 10:21 pm

I missed a Jamboree!!! Dammit! Was not to shabby inland. Glad you all enjoyed.
Bob
rjajr
Board Monkey

Return to Where to Ride Today