WTB Kite

If you got some new digs, thinkin its gonna help your kiting step-up to the next level, blow out your used gear here and watch that grom shred harder than you on your old kite.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

WTB Kite

Postby Sekal » Mon May 21, 2012 4:25 pm

Hi, I'm looking to buy a kite complete with lines and bar. I would guess I need 12 meter or so. I'm 180lbs, just started to go upwind :D (sometimes). Or may be someone can recommend where and which one to buy. Not too expensive please. Thanks.

How about this one? 10.5 meter with lines/bar 850$

http://www.live2kite.com/rrd-obsession- ... p-950.html
Sekal
Board Monkey

Re: WTB Kite

Postby Northerner » Mon May 21, 2012 6:47 pm

Check Bob out at Kiteridersllc.com. I'm sure he has something that can beat that price and I know he can beat them on costumer service.

With summer coming I wouldn't get anything smaller than a 11 or 12. Remember its not just the number on the canopy, but the design and performance of the kite that gives it's real size.
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby urjc22 » Mon May 21, 2012 8:11 pm

Hi -
I have a 2010 11m F-One Bandit 3 complete with bar, lines and bag. The F-One's are great kites and they pull a little more than their size (i.e. an 11m is the equivalent of 12m when compared to most other kites). The kite is a great kite for beginner that will let you learn and progress and you will never outgrow the kite. I am the local rider rep for F-One in Chicago so if you are interested I am happy to let you demo it while I am present at the beach or at least blow it up and take a look at it. I have the kite listed for $900 on a few sites, but would be willing to take $850 from a local rider.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Joe
windycitykitesurf@gmail.com
urjc22
Adrenaline Junkie

Postby Sekal » Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Thank you for the replies.
I'll contact Bob at Kiteridersllc.com to see what they have.

Joe: 2010 11m F-One Bandit 3 seems like a good kite! I would be interested to see it. Is it new?
Sekal
Board Monkey

Postby FSP » Tue May 22, 2012 3:21 pm

also should think in terms of quiver of kites all in the same model as opposed to just one kite at a good price. nothing sucks more than your 9 being foreign to your 13 and trying to develop the muscle memory for tricks.
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby Bob » Tue May 22, 2012 7:17 pm

Sekal,

An 11m or 12m would be a good start and then you build your quiver around that kite. Larger for lighter winds and smaller for stronger winds, but most riders start out with the middle kite first. I'm actually just about to pick up some closeout kites, so he timing is perfect. Call me or email me at bob@kiteridersllc.com and we can figure out what might work best.

Bob
608-358-0514
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Wind Whore

Postby urjc22 » Wed May 23, 2012 11:17 am

Sekal -
The kite is not new, but is in great condition and would be a great first kite. You can debate the benefits of buying a new or used first kite to death. Chances are your first kite will take a little bit of a beating and the benefits of a new kite may or may not be realized.

You can absolutely take a look at my kite. The 11m Bandit is a great kite size for Lake Michigan and to travel to other places as well. For reference, I am 170 lbs and this is my biggest kite (I ride a 136x40 board) and probably the size I ride 75% of the time.

If you are dead set on getting a new kite, I would definitely recomend contacting Bob. I have bought kites from Bob in the past and highly recommend his service and expertise.

Let me know if you have further questions or want to take a look at my kite.

Joe
windycitykitesurf@gmail.com
urjc22
Adrenaline Junkie

Return to Kiteboarding Equipment for Sale