KSP World Tour Live

Pictures and Videos of locals or just great shots. Put em here and brag to your buds about your mad skills fo-shizzle.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

KSP World Tour Live

Postby Big wave John » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:05 am

Big wave John
Chop Wrestler

Re: KSP World Tour Live

Postby FSP » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:06 pm

below they confirm the judging criteria and that my friends means no claiming by:

half chucking, swell slashing, weak top to bottom strapless, and avoiding hard moves at the most critical parts of the waves. i think some of our guys here actually do pretty good comparably given our constraints.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNF_4iYB ... _embedded#!
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby jonnyt » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:10 am

here is a short casual video of one of one of my good friends Patri ripping in Maui. He is on the KSP tour, sorry but in all my time in the midwest I have never seen anyone even in the same class as him. cheers 8)

http://vimeo.com/38968523
jonnyt
Chop Wrestler

Postby Big wave John » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:33 pm

That dude rips!!!!!!!!!!!!
The strapless scene is progressing soo fast.
Big wave John
Chop Wrestler

Postby jensmadwind » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:00 pm

Sorry? well Jonny, seeing as how you don't kite with us in the midwest you wouldn't know . we are no pro kite rippers but for getting it as infrequently as we do I think we do pretty good.
10 mph?
jensmadwind
Zen Levitator

Postby FSP » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:28 pm

that vid is great and all but keep in mind, its a vid and all the wipes or just ordinary wave rides are not shown! and yeah we dont get the conditions or frequency often enough to reach workout technical unstrapped rotations, but gurantee you when we do, ur head would be turned to see some blowing it up in our own unprofessional style. its all perspective...
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby West » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:48 am

hey J.......as for your first post on this forum not tryin to sell gear, seems as though you rubbed a few of the locals the wrong way.....be like going to a victoria's secrets photo shoot and saying that the chickemamas were hotter than anyone else's wives..........if you want to post here then try more honey and less vinegar, this is generally a very friendly crew, funny how you managed to piss 'em off so quickly!!!!!!!!

That being said, video is great. The shots of Patri at Waihee in on-shore conditions shows his mastery of the killer aerials. His kiting is simply outstanding and awe-inspiring. I have had the opportunity to kite with he and Charger many times at kite-beach, Lanes, and waihee; I used to work with cruiser's dad, Putt, building boards at Angulo many years ago. The thing about those two "kids" is that they are as humble as they are great, and that's saying alot given the egos of most of the professional Maui kiters. The fact that both of them picked up kiting so DAMN quickly is astounding, within 2 years of learning to kite, they were as good as anyone around, with BIG, BIG cajones! Patri has the advantage of having a great surfing background and is as tremendous a surfer as he is a kiter, so his wave knowledge is supreme; Charger is simply FEARLESS, and soaks it all up like a sponge, watching him "poach" waves backside at Ho'okipa is always cool!! :D

Tell the boys that West said "what's up", and use a little more finesse while posting on this site.......... :wink: we always enjoy checking out the hot vids, and you'd be welcome to ride with us on the BIG LAKE anytime, just bring your wetsuit and leave your ego on da island, brah!!!!!!!!
West
Wind Whore

Postby jonnyt » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:26 pm

Sorry, I think that I came off the wrong way and for that I apologize if I offended. I wish i worded my post differently. Your wright Patri has only been riding strapless for two years and that's what I was getting at, some of these guys just have the gift and Patri is one Of them.
jonnyt
Chop Wrestler

Postby West » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:43 pm

No worries my friend.....water under the bridge. Keep on posting and keep the Patri stuff coming, would love to see more footage of his continued development, cause you are absolutely right HE GETS IT!!! The sky is the limit for that guy, and something tells me that no matter how good he continues to get, he will always stay grounded... the kid has got ALOHA, and man can he rip.... I definitely agree with you that I have never seen anyone, including the Richmond brothers, with the natural instincts that he has; holy sheeez, he can go both ways with equal prowess!!!!!!!!
West
Wind Whore

Postby FSP » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:24 pm

still a pretty funny comparison given the fact we get 6 decent wave days a year, and it is in 6mil mittens, hoods, and 6m straight jacket suits, with gusty, short period, wind swell, and possibly snowing if the wind does not shift, or die an hour into that epic day.

I honestly thrive on it all and happy to be part of it, to feel individual here. Its not the kitesurfing norm and has many less known risks that even the ocean might not have. Cant say its any equal to the risks at ocean beach san fran or hookipa however if ur living in an epicenter with a life long surfing bgd, its all going to come surprisingly fast and much easier to baby step into those higher levels.

I remember Brad Price (head judge of a wave tour) once said he wouldnt even waste his time if he had to live/kite here due to all the hassles!!!

That said, Jonnie might b surprised if to see how we have come to handle these obstacles or should i say bullshit!!!
FSP
Zen Levitator

Return to Pictures and Videos