Used 'M' Life/Impact Vest and/or Wet/Drysuit wanted?

If you got some new digs, thinkin its gonna help your kiting step-up to the next level, blow out your used gear here and watch that grom shred harder than you on your old kite.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Used 'M' Life/Impact Vest and/or Wet/Drysuit wanted?

Postby MikeBreck » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:42 pm

I am new to the sport and had a few questions for you veterans that hopefully can also lead me to someone that may be able to sell some used gear.

I have just purchased my first Complete Kite (Cabrina Convert 11M) along with harness, board etc... very pumped! I realize I have a long way to go before feeling 100% comfortable flying on my own and will need to do some major practice through the Fall in colder water.

I just finished a 2 day weekend lesson from MacKite up in GH and want to start as soon as possible with more body dragging and board starts. However, I hear some of the best wind comes in the fall. Do you all typically board with thick wet suits (if so what kind (thickness) for cold sessions out through November?) or dry suits? Also, would anyone have or know someone looking to get rid of a Medium? Lastly, Does anyone have a used Kite boarding specific Life Jacket or impact vest you could part with? Do you typically even use these? Is there a way to modify a normal life jacket to fit around the harness and not bunch up when you hit the water? Just trying to get a feel of gear I still need to obtain. Any suggestions or information is appreciated. Can't wait to start and hopefully meet some of you on the beach.

Feel free to PM me or email me at mike.breckheimer@gmail.com

-Mike
MikeBreck
Sand Bagger

Re: Used 'M' Life/Impact Vest and/or Wet/Drysuit wanted?

Postby Bob » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:04 pm

Mike,

If you did your training through Mackite, you should check with them to see what they have. I'm sure they'd appreciate the added biz.

There are some life vests that are half vests like kayak ones that are well out of the way of any harness. Neil Pryde makes some as well as Mystic.

If they can't help you out, they can probably order.

Otherwise, I also have some suits left if interested. Good luck.

http://mb.kiteridersllc.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2264

Bob
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Wind Whore

Return to Kiteboarding Equipment for Sale