Friday 27

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Re: Friday 27

Postby FSP » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:07 pm

The front is going slow but supposed to clearout before dark entirely. you dont want any remanents of the front but just pure clearing. the sun is baking and hopefully will overcome and dry out the frontal moisture so keep an eye on the radar. tonight there is 15 to 25 so there is pressure with this so come wait/gamble on the clearing to ride tonight/am. You see moisture forgetaboutit!!!
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby Bryce FLK » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:08 pm

Bryce

Six-1-Six, 951-244four
7M Yellow Epic Nano
10M Red/Black Airush DNA
12M Black/Blue Airush Vapor X
"If your getting rad and there is no one there to see you get rad, are you really getting rad?" -GNAR
Bryce FLK
Resident Windfreak

Postby adseguy » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:34 pm

Bryce FLK wrote:http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/ottawa_county/waterspouts-spotted-over-lake-michigan

Water spouts on Lake Mich at Holland an hour ago...

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 4791_o.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: WOAH! That is soo aweseome! Did you see these yourself? I would flip out if I was on the water and saw that. My jaw is dropped over here....sweet stuff
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby abtin » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:06 pm

Any updates? I'd want to head out in about 15 mins..
abtin
Board Monkey

Postby WaWaZat » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:39 pm

On da road to the Scotty G par-tay!
Mike
3ME Kite Sports
eus@3mekite.com
WaWaZat
Zen Levitator

Postby johnm » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:10 pm

Great time in MC today. Always impressed with the quality of people in the kiting community. Can't
Wait till next time.
johnm
Chop Wrestler

Postby IVO » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:18 pm

FSP wrote: You see moisture forgetaboutit!!!

Scotty,last time it was some remark about watching sun before heading to MC,today you telling peeps about moisture,if I didnt know you, I would say you waiting for shrooms season over there :twisted: :lol: :wink:

Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby FSP » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:47 am

IVOOOO haaaaa... u know i try to talk slow and careful for u but does not work all the time, so next time u must come to the mc and just kite without deep thought. really nice sunset freeriding into a cool night of beers with the buds....but missing IVOOOOOO
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby Northerner » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:37 am

Nice to see you guy got it. One hell of a mushroom there IVO, That would give a vegan a night to remember

Sheboygan lit up yesterday to 8 and 10 meter conditions. I never really thought much about kiting yesterday and figured if we did go it would be light wind stuff. Norths here in the summer are nothing one can bet on unless its one of those big fronts. This season Norths have bumped up more than down for us. Wind was mostly straight North making for holey wind at the launch at times with it traveling over the hotel.

Started the day, on a 12rpm using a UG twin tip and rode in the flat water right behind the pier until getting blown off the 12. Great spot to keep the kite low and unhook. Switched down to my new 10 rally and bro board for big boosts and the ability to cruz anywhere I want with that kite. I really like the Rally for insane jumping, speed, upwind and abilities in the surf. Regardless of how hard I pump they do flare and bend on jumps and loops with lots of load. The Rpm is a much more solid kite that has none of that. Last session was a surf session in clean thigh high waves. Ended the day with best walleye sandwich in the state.

Zero complaints about this season as I'm pushing 60 days
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby West » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:18 pm

Great down at MC and up at Boygs.....and I must admit mighty fine in between at Zion as well. Hit North Zion and launched bout 5 and rode till 8....wind was 20 that picked up to 25 plus at sunset. Waves continued to build all afternoon, with smooth head high sets coming in as the sun went down, with the moon getting bigger I was bummed I couldn't kite past dark but the park closes at 8!!! Absolutely gorgeous with the sun beaming as the clouds headed southward, and warm as can be. Hard to believe that a North could be so strong with the air and water so warm in the middle of summer; only thing missing were my buddies to enjoy it with..........I did lay down a few for you tho Ivo :)

Cool to see so many kiters getting it good, up and down the lake.....gotta love the BIG LAKE!!!!!
West
Wind Whore

Postby jensmadwind » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:24 am

This last week was a blast on the big lake! Waves on wednesday and a north on friday. Four of us from Madison got a taste( more like a mouthfull) of the North wind and weather on Friday. It was a first for all of us, sailing across Lake Michigan. We floated Matt Erdmans 30ft Catalina from Milwaukee to Muskegon and back.

We started off from the South Shore Yacht Club in Milwaukee at 11 am on friday and leaving the breakwall we were welcomed to the Lake by this

I wish I could say that more than luck played into us avoiding any and all bad weather over the course of this voyage but I can't. After motoring for a couple hours we got behind that system and found the wind. North at 15 eventually gusting to 20 had us well on our way.

A man, his boat, and the open sea.......

The North wind held throughout the day and into the night before going north east and forcing us to motor the last 4 hours to Muskegon. We tied up and crashed for the remainder of the night. It was a bit rough waking up later that morning and have the forcast tell us to get back to sea. After fueling up we headed back out on the lake.

The north east wind that halted our progress the previous evening had switched to north northwest and guided us right back on our way, the wind held up to around sunset got us well out into the middle of the lake. The seas calmed and allowed us to relax a bit as we began to motor again.

As the evening went on the wind switched all over before going south and picking back up enough for us to raise sail and reach Milwaukee early Sunday morning.
10 mph?
jensmadwind
Zen Levitator

Postby adseguy » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:23 am

That's really sweet Jens and the whole Madtown crew. We live good lives :)

I bet no one would believe you that all those pictures are on a Lake. It really looks like the open sea. 8)
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard
adseguy
Wind Whore

Previous

Return to Where to Ride Today