POP ALL YOU GOT? BROKITE.....2012

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Re: POP ALL YOU GOT? BROKITE.....2012

Postby FSP » Wed May 09, 2012 9:40 am

jensmadwind wrote:tt vs strapless surfboard

u painted the feeling nicely.

funny cuz if your surfing your TT as you would in true surfing form, then you really are not using ur straps as much as one might think . its pretty easy to see someone who is at the wrong angle or not committed to the turns/aerials relying on their straps and it looks like crap. Whether on a TT or compared to a surfer you technically should look the same if ur about to rip it up with power, flow and style.

To that same point i also see many strapless guys relying on their kite with odd stances and angles, not surfing but getting pulled along by their kite who might as well be in straps. THey may do a layback slash but its contrived, and dont know where to find the pocket, power and gracefully maneuver which really comes down to who has got that surfer intuition. I guess this is why you should paddle surf when you get the chance.
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby West » Thu May 10, 2012 12:32 pm

Well Jarch ended his string of kiting days at 10 yesterday, though there was enough wind to throw up a kite later in the day if he'd have had the time.....Most of the BROS kited every day they were here....Ray hammered it for 5 straight days, Sean had 8 in a row, and just ripped it every day, even kiting in the moonlight several nights. John Lynch and Dwight kited every day except the day they left, but they got in a SUP sesh in the surf that morning.....we proceeded to get another 9m sesh later in the day I kited 16 of 20, and could have hit it every day but 1!!!!

Springtime in Corpus.....same as it ever was......SUNNY and WINDY........quite a gathering we had. The kiting was outstanding, but the camaraderie was even better. :) Hopefully it will be an annual thing for the BROS.....gonna post a slideshow of the trip later today, and will be adding some video action from Brazil later in the week......... 8)
West
Wind Whore

Postby BRO » Thu May 10, 2012 8:59 pm

alrighty now been working all day on this, get yourself a cocktail and sit back :lol:
Last edited by BRO on Thu May 10, 2012 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRO
Pump Master

Postby BRO » Thu May 10, 2012 9:12 pm

Enjoy our little slice of Hartung heaven!

Last edited by BRO on Fri May 11, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRO
Pump Master

Postby Pier » Fri May 11, 2012 7:17 am

Priceless!

Gotta make the trip next year...
Pier Paolo - six3o 6four0 2o8seven
Pier
Master of Kite

Postby rjajr » Fri May 11, 2012 8:00 am

No question a little slice of heaven, so great when it all comes together. Thanks for sharing the pics from the birdiest city in the US.
Bob
rjajr
Board Monkey

Postby JDL » Fri May 11, 2012 8:37 am

The aloha spirit is live and well in Texas. It would be hard to feel more welcome than the group of Maggie, Jerry, West and Keith make you feel. I couldn't stop smiling and laughing the entire trip and it has yet to wear off. The world-class daily riding was only exceeded by the company shared off the water. West worked his ass off to get those pictures and more; just another one of his many talents.

The riding, the dogs, the food, the inspiration, the fireworks, the education, the setting, the birds and The People.........ALL TIME!!!!

Thanks Again.....Maggie, Jerry, West, Keith, Kyle, Anita, Bucky, Sean, Joe, John, Dwight, Tom, Ray, Nick and Alex....
John
JDL
Wind Chaser

Postby ssauve66 » Sun May 13, 2012 5:47 pm

You said it John! What an insane week it was. LOVE the video guys! Maggie and Jerry couldn't have been better hosts, Keith as well. West was bustin' tail as the CEO of fun. The riding was unbelievable. never kited(not to mention progressed) so much in my life. From 6m to 14m, from morning to sunset to moonrise and all over again for over a week. Ended it all on my birthday with the whole crew on the strongest winds, with a full moon rise, fireworks, and Anita's layered margarita. the biggest surprise was how impressed I was with all the new boards. Just when I thought the best couldn't get any better, the new boards feel lighter more responsive and they look great. I've always sworn by my freeride but after testing the wake in the flats and the hybrid in light wind, I want more boards! Kudos guys!

Great to see everybody and meet everybody else! I only hope I get invited back next year after landing on and breaking Maggie's warning post the very day she spent hours making it! Can't give enough thanks to everybody but I do have one last request... lets see video of Dwight's mud facial from the brazilian spa!!!
-------
Sean
ssauve66
Pump Master

Postby BRO » Sun May 20, 2012 7:12 pm

BRO
Pump Master

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Thu May 24, 2012 12:02 pm

New site online: www.brokite.com
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Postby jensmadwind » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:15 am

Thanks to West and Jerry I have had the opportunity to ride the 134 wake again this season. I have been having a blast riding it with the straps it came with for the first half of the summer. At times when powered and in chop I have felt like I wasn't getting all the pop I could, I guess the board is stiffer then my ankles are strong. I threw my boots on it and in my last two sessions have felt its true potential. This thing is a pop monster.

10 mph?
jensmadwind
Zen Levitator

Previous

Return to Open Forum