Begginer

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Begginer

Postby bbrandon750 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:15 pm

Hello,
Just recently came back to the mid west after active duty.. been wanting to get into this sport for awhile. I wanted to get started asap, Only thing is im new at this and would be greatful for any help i can get like what size kite to have, gear, etc.. that i would need for lake michigan and some people to learn from. Email address Reynolds505@Gmail.com Thanks, Brandon.
Epic Screamers 7m,10m,12m
135 Epic Droid
144 slingy ignition
bbrandon750
Chop Wrestler

Re: Begginer

Postby West » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:18 am

Brandon.....as for getting into the sport, I encourage going to the beach at Waukegan on a windy day when kiters are posting that they are heading there.....may be an opportunity Thurs or Friday if the forcast holds. Check out the scene and meet some of the kiters, ask questions and try to lend a helping hand. If you like what you see, lessons are always recommended to keep things safe and to help speed up the learning curve. This website is a good source for you, but the best is to get out and meet some kiters at your local beach. Good luck!!!!!!!
West
Wind Whore

Re: Begginer

Postby jojy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:32 pm

Welcome,
A friendly suggestion........STAY OFF YOUTUBE CLIPS !!!

As West said, get lessons, best & fastest way to get where you want.

Good luck
Avi - 312-451-5841
Peter Lynn Twister II ---> 4.1m
HQ Montana 3 ----> 7.0m
Flexifoil buggy
http://www.aandeitprofessionals.com
jojy
Resident Windfreak

Return to Open Forum