Dry suit advice

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Dry suit advice

Postby xwindsurf » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:31 pm

Please let me know what you'd recommend from the current selections of kiting dry suits available, and why. I can't say money's no object, on the other hand, I don't want something that would fall apart quickly, and/or feel like an armor.
Thanks in advance
Tom
--------------
773-725-2535
xwindsurf
Master of Kite

Re: Dry suit advice

Postby dbur » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:06 pm

Ocean Rodeo Soul is worth checking out, got mine just week ago (for flat water and SUPing) so can't tell how long it ill last but really like the design and fit
Kahoona '09 9.5 white, 13.5 gold, 137 BRO
dbur
Resident Windfreak

Re: Dry suit advice

Postby gbleck » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:51 pm

The surf dry is nice. It swims, moves and looks like a wet suit. Only down side is it's out of stock till the 3.0 version is out. I think they are including the preditor in the numbering. Techicaly they made a preditor 1.0 and 1.5 if you count the addition of the extra sizes. It's a dry suit layered under a stretchy thin wetsuit like shell. Supper supper duper resistance to tares and rips. Also it breaths better then any sailing style dry suit I have ever used. The over the back of the neck zippers are nice as you can put it on your self easy and it doesn't mess up your arm movement like the horizontal back zippers and you can paddle a surf board unlike a front diagonal zipper. OR makes a nice product.
Me = 145lb + 6" + (15M spd3 dlx, 11M x-bow, Kahoona 9.5M, 7.5V2) + Zap skim, home made 133 orange carbon aka Bifrost, home made black 170x50 cabon racing light wind tt, 133 wide tip carbon) + red helmet
gbleck
Master of Kite

Return to Open Forum