sik MONDAY 12th on tap

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

sik MONDAY 12th on tap

Postby FSP » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:06 pm

top notch mc
FSP
Zen Levitator

Re: sik MONDAY 12th on tap

Postby jpavy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:00 pm

I am game mid to late morning
jpavy
Chop Wrestler

Postby Big wave John » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:55 pm

typical top notch skunk!!!!
Big wave John
Chop Wrestler

Postby FSP » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:08 am

fret no more big john.. blew hard from beverly all the way up and now peaking at sustained 30knots? gonna b some glassy off shores surf in the am even. do not curse it..we have it pretty good here.
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby Big wave John » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:09 am

Sorry I thought this was the kite forum.
Big wave John
Chop Wrestler

Postby FSP » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:58 am

Where's cowboy when u need em..please chime in and give big John a wave with a kite story...like to keep this customer happy'.
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby West » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:39 am

Hit the parking lot with the sight oh so familiar.....sand blowing thru it like a duststorm out in west texas!!!!!! Wind was shifing from WSW to SW and the waves were pumping, peeling off the jetty well over head-high and building all the while, with the sunlight bathing the beach in beween the passing clouds and not a soul in sight......

Breeze pulled out his 10 and I grabbed my 9, we put on some warm gloves, pulled the hats down low and headed down to the beach to pump 'em up. A bit chilly for my liking, at 36, but with the water still close to 50, it was definitely managable. I sure do like the deserted beaches and the crisp air when fall decides to let winter in for a brief visit.........I find it quite invigorating actually, tends to remind you very quickly that you're ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!

Lynch was lit right off Tiscornia beach and made his way upwind rather easily due to the limited current next to the jetty. I followed him out with a hoot and a holler and pulled in on the de-power strap. I was stoked with how smooth the water was in between the waves, and we started tagging a couple of waves a bit downwind of the jetty. TG showed up walking his dog, Cybil, and hung out for a while on the beach watching us. The wind and waves kept increasing and after a while I felt my hands begin tingling, so I came in to warm 'em up and to give TG his new BRO board; he had just returned from the Cayman Islands and was not into getting in the cold water.

I grabbed my 7m, and headed back out to the greeting of sand just streaming down the beach......Lynch rigged his 8m and we went back to ripping it up..........I headed downwind on a set and continued to catch wave after wave all the way down to Jane Klock Park, bout a mile or so downwind of TISC......utterly smooth with nice shape, and a good double overhead. Started back upwind, only to see another set on the horizon.....on down the coast I went again....heelside, toeside, heelside, toeside.........a deserted beach, 30 knots, a kiting buddy, sunset, and the tunes of King Sunny Ade and his African Beats jamming in my head as I dropped in on another set.... laying the kite down low, setting my rail to scream back up the face and just grinning at it ALL........yeah you gotta love the BIG LAKE; you never really know how the conditions will be, but ain't it a sweeeeet thing when it is ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

We kited till darkness made us shut it down....the lights were shimmering off the jetty, and the horizon held the last bit of daylight tightly as the darkness grew, something mighty tremendous about kiting those type of conditions with a buddy on a deserted beach as winter toys with the notion of sticking around for a while .......warmed the fingers and toes and headed off to grab some hot soup and relish the afternoon sesh..........!!!!!!!!
West
Wind Whore

Postby FSP » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:13 pm

thanks cowboy but wheres the other hundred heel to toe, toe heel to toes and then thats the story we know. fish? :D :D :D
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby adseguy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:05 pm

West wrote:I sure do like the deserted beaches and the crisp air when fall decides to let winter in for a brief visit.........I find it quite invigorating actually, tends to remind you very quickly that you're ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't agree more!
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby Big wave John » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:53 pm

Showed up to work and the place had been burglarized and they destroyed the computers with a bucket of water..I couldn't check the report all day.
Ya I showed up at 3:20 pm to side off empty beach no kites in site. Ya!! I was shocked again....
Big wave John
Chop Wrestler

Return to Where to Ride Today