Snowboarding Utah.

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Snowboarding Utah.

Postby skysurfr » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:04 pm

I know many of you snowboard as well as kitesurf. I just returned fro my first trip of the season to Brighton (Salt Lake) Utah. The base is good and the groomed runs are full covered. The high steep backcountry runs still have some rocks or are closed. That's pretty common this time of year. Brighton had all lifts open, the trees were full of snow as well. While the snow has been a little light so far, they have gotten around 3 feet of snow in the last 10 days, with 14 inches in the last 24 hours.

I scored 2 mini powder days with 2-5 inches of snow both days I was there.
Rental car $8/day . Hotel $59/nt.

Game on!
Mike

2007- Naish Thorn, Torch 16/12, 2008 10M Alliance. '07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish Midwest Team. GoPro Cameras! Red Helmet and Fashionable Football Shirt. :-)
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Re: Snowboarding Utah.

Postby FSP » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:26 pm

mike, were still kiting here..no time to think about boot boarding even though my fingers have no feeling.
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby xwindsurf » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:19 pm

Mike,
You want serious powder? Check this out!
http://www.mtbaker.us/snow-report/
A word of caution: don't go there by yourself, they are very serious about enforcing buddy system when you go off-bounds, and off-bounds is 80% of the good terrain there.
Been there twice, fell in love with the place, will be back again this season, can share details with anyone interested.
Tom
--------------
773-725-2535
xwindsurf
Master of Kite

Postby skysurfr » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:36 pm

I picked up a new Never Summer wide board this season. What a difference in stability. It's got a wavey base and turns like a champ. So far Im an in-bounds boarder. Perhaps by the end of this season I'll get a pinger and a shovel and head through the gates.....into the unknown. Im storing my gear in SLC so I can just run out there and hit it....season pass in hand.

Also a big thanks to Tom and Snowcrest Ski and Snowboard. He and Jon helped me get setup with just the right board and bindings.

Mike
Mike

2007- Naish Thorn, Torch 16/12, 2008 10M Alliance. '07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish Midwest Team. GoPro Cameras! Red Helmet and Fashionable Football Shirt. :-)
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Postby xwindsurf » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:35 pm

Now, a season pass really does change your perspective, especially with these $100+/day tickets popping all over.
I just checked the Cottonwood Canyon forecast - and it looks BIG!
Happy riding!
For the next season, if it is still available, and you feel like trying other venues, consider this:
http://www.themountaincollective.com/
early in the season it was even cheaper
Tom
--------------
773-725-2535
xwindsurf
Master of Kite

Postby snowball » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:47 am

Nice !!!
My Quiver: Slingshot Fuels, Best Waroos, Mystic Harness, Brokite Board, Zap Skimboard, Naish Surfboard.

KITEBOARDING LESSONS - WATER - SNOW - LAND + GEAR SALES !!!

Owner at http://www.ChicagoKiteboardingLessons.com Email: Chicagokitelessons@gmail.com
snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Return to Where to Ride Today