BROKITE shack in Corpus

Did your time away from the rat race serve you well? Don't hold out on the crew. Post the details so we can rent the room you trashed last week.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

BROKITE shack in Corpus

Postby West » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:08 pm

Jerry is busy doing some remodeling on the house at BROKITE INTL in Corpus Christi...it is located about 10 minutes from the Laguna and 15 from the Gulf. It sits on the same property with the shop where the BROKITE boards are born!!!!!!! He is considering turning it into a short-term rental for kiters heading down to Corpus....it will be reasonably priced and will come with the option to use a BRO demo board while there, and a discount on a newly constucted board of your choice.....

SPI is a great Gulf Coast destination for kiting, that is if you have never been to Corpus.........Corpus has more wind and more launches, cheaper food, you can drive on the beach, and you also have easier flight arrangements...... :wink:

You can inquire by sending me a pm, posting here, or logging onto the BROKITE site and sending Jerry a message..........

HAPPY KITING, West
West
Wind Whore

Re: BROKITE shack in Corpus

Postby IVO » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:24 pm

Great idea..West Im sure a lot of kiters would be interested to hear more details about price for lodging and conditions they could expect for riding..Since list on new guys is continuously growing,this might be first time for some to hear about Corpus.Are those spots beginners friendly,wind,ect..? :wink:
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby kwk » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:17 am

The shack is going to be the bomb when Jerry finishes the reno. Nothing better than hanging out there having a beer and BBQ after a day on the Laguna!

In summary the Corpus area offers consistent winds in the spring, great flat water spots on the Laguna and wave riding on the gulf. The special aspect of this area is the ability to go exploring the Laguna by kite and the ability to easily do 20 mile downwinders on either the Laguna or Gulf. And there is rarely more than a handful of kites up at any riding spot. While there are very good beginner spots in my view it is a better place for intermediate to advanced riders.

Of course it will never be as good as SPI or Hatteras so the masses should keep going to these locations. :wink:
Keith
kwk
Master of Kite

Postby maly » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:36 pm

West wrote:Jerry is busy doing some remodeling on the house at BROKITE INTL in Corpus Christi...it is located about 10 minutes from the Laguna and 15 from the Gulf. It sits on the same property with the shop where the BROKITE boards are born!!!!!!! He is considering turning it into a short-term rental for kiters heading down to Corpus....it will be reasonably priced and will come with the option to use a BRO demo board while there, and a discount on a newly constucted board of your choice.....

SPI is a great Gulf Coast destination for kiting, that is if you have never been to Corpus.........Corpus has more wind and more launches, cheaper food, you can drive on the beach, and you also have easier flight arrangements...... :wink:

You can inquire by sending me a pm, posting here, or logging onto the BROKITE site and sending Jerry a message..........

HAPPY KITING, West

Hey West , do you have any update on this ? I'm considering to do a quick 5 day trip to Corpus in April and would be really happy to be able to rent a room there
My knee heeled up well , and it's time for some field testing . Let me know if I should try to contact Jerry Directly.

Mario
Mario
maly
Adrenaline Junkie

Postby West » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:40 pm

Mario,

Talked with Jerry....you and Tom are all set-up buddy. Jerry is stoked with the progress of his re-model, and the "shop" house will be ready for you guys....in fact y'all will be the first guests.

The timing is ideal as well, cause we will be building some of our 2013 models by the time y'all get down to Corpus......and btw, it is a windy, windy place!!!! :wink:
West
Wind Whore

Postby BRO » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:58 pm

We have finished the remodel on the kite shack and wanted to give you a preveiw. It has been blowing like crazy here this spring, so if you want some, come and get it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTZh6EapMR4
If you would like more details on the kite shack get a hold of me cell 512 294 8749 or leave me a note on info@brokite.com
BRO
Pump Master

Postby xwindsurf » Thu May 09, 2013 1:33 pm

I and Mario (aka Maly) just came back from Corpus, after having an honor to be the first ones to stay in the newly remodeled shack.
It is clean, well equipped, spacious for 2-3 people, OK for 4. You probably don't want to take your non-kiting significant others there (unless the only thing they see in the world is you) because this is quite non-touristy - just an excellent place to get a very good night sleep, wash and dry kites, make a dinner, etc. in the middle of nowhere.
Jerry and Maggie, who live in a house on the bay some 7 miles away, are fantastic hosts, true gentle spirits.
Corpus has so many possibilities for kiting, from great beaches on the surf side, where you can launch literally hooking to the bumper of your car, to the secret little spot with the water flatter than in that man-made channel in Namibia where they broke the kiting speed record!
Thanks again, Jerry and Maggie, West and Greg, for making us feel at home!
We kited 6 days out of 6, even though the forecast was giving us 2, max, 3, which was extremely unusual. The magic of thermals, and a little bit of luck helped.
Tom
--------------
773-725-2535
xwindsurf
Master of Kite

Postby West » Mon May 13, 2013 8:20 am

thermals, luck, and the killer karma you two brought to the gathering.......loved the SPIRIT of the chi-town kiters......always stoked!!!!!!!!

Maggie and Jerry said that y'all are always welcome in Corpus....... :D
West
Wind Whore

Return to Kitesurfing Vacations