Who likes good beer!?

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Re: Who likes good beer!?

Postby sailfish » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:35 pm

I thought that was hops I was smelling on the south wind!
Dave
sailfish
Chop Wrestler

Postby V » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:18 pm

Been sick as a dog lately...as A D_O_G! anyway feelin better and will likely swing by. Need some coordinates!
V
Unstrapped!

Postby mrgrey » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:11 am

mrgrey wrote:
West wrote:Now that's my kind of party........bringn' my tongs, and be glad to man the grill, although if Mike is throwing a pie or two on then I will leave that to the EXPERT......I will bring some shrimp to que up with a spicy sauce, and some Phat Chance, the new session blonde from the Onion Pub!!!!!!!

where abouts is it Matt?

12615 Gibson St. Crown Point, IN 46307

Itsa long driveway and house is barely visible from the road... I will mark the mailbox with a sign on where to turn in. Place is set back in the woods on 4 acres and nothin but good country livin... google says bout 59min from downtown... just remember to get the hell outta there before the St. Pattys Parade! If there is anyone not on the forum or someone that you think would like to come please pass the word.

http://goo.gl/maps/SGIaZ

Was posted on pg 2... http://goo.gl/maps/SGIaZ
mrgrey
Resident Windfreak

Postby West » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:14 pm

A couple of guys from South Haven are thinking of coming over and bringing a truckload of firewood, TG and Jimbo....is it gonna be ok to pitch a couple of tents out there and build a fire? thinkin that Greg and Ivo may want to stay over as well, weather permitting, if that is an option..thanks, looking forward to sat........
West
Wind Whore

Postby mrgrey » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:42 am

West wrote:A couple of guys from South Haven are thinking of coming over and bringing a truckload of firewood, TG and Jimbo....is it gonna be ok to pitch a couple of tents out there and build a fire? thinkin that Greg and Ivo may want to stay over as well, weather permitting, if that is an option..thanks, looking forward to sat........

Shouldn't be a problem, I have a full chord of firewood seasoned and ready to burn so no need to bring any.. Also everyone is welcome to pitch a tent, but I am fortunate to have a large house that has plenty of room to crash in comfortably. Might wanna bring a sleepin bag or something... John Pavy and his wife got dibs on the spare bedroom, but I have two more available and another pull out in my finished basement. Looks like its gonna be a chilly one Saturday. Garage is heated for beer making but a little drafty for some combustion air and ventilation. My wife and daughter are outta town so man law applies this weekend ;).

Picked up the grains and yeast yesterday and set up the rig so we are ready to rock and roll. I am trying to fight off a little bug that seems to be going round and hopefully I can kick it. Will keep everyone posted if anything changes, but expecting to pull off this Hopstock shindig... I may even pick up some more grain to brew up another big batch of my Zombie Dust clone. :)
mrgrey
Resident Windfreak

Postby West » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:38 am

Good deal Matt, will let the Michican crew know.....we like to throw up the tents, so we'll see how the weather looks....hope you get to feelin' better, double up on the Hot Sauce, it'll help knock that shiz right out :wink:
West
Wind Whore

Postby V » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:20 am

I am trying to fight off a little bug that seems to be going round and hopefully I can kick it.

Oh man I hope you don't get the stomach virus going around or you'll be out for days dude! Keep us posted. I hope to see some of the crew manana but won't be spending the night, though appreciate the offer!
V
Unstrapped!

Postby mrgrey » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:24 am

Fighting it off like a pro this am.. I think I will be all good to go. Made a yeast starter last night as this massive IPA will need it to get us to 10.1%ABV. Gettin excited, we will have to make sure to snap a pic of SkyDaddy Brewing Company's inaugural co-op brew day with all parties involved.
mrgrey
Resident Windfreak

Postby Pier » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:15 am

Alright, glad you won against the bug! :wink:

See ya tomorrow
Pier Paolo - six3o 6four0 2o8seven
Pier
Resident Windfreak

Postby mrgrey » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:52 pm

Got a few calls over the last day or so asking about what to bring. I think the best idea is to ask that if you can bring a craft beer to share and maybe even a side dish/munchie that would help out alot. Brewing beer is more standing around and waiting than anything! That gives opportune time to cram down a fistful of guacamole or a pint of somethin good till we wrap it up....Then bring on the main course.

My guess is that we may end up taking a collection to get sum tasty pies from our local vendor and make it easy on ourselves...

**The big batch of a two-hearted that I made for the event is carbing up nicely but will be a little young for the beer. Good none the less.. Gives some insight to how the flav develops and is a unique taste/aroma that you can only get from homebrewing. I decided not to filter it and it leaves some small hop particles in that should clear up after a gallon or so goes down...cheers!
mrgrey
Resident Windfreak

Postby WaWaZat » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Was tempted to bring out some dough and all the ingredients as standing around waiting for beer to brew is opportune for throwin' pies together. But slammed with work this week and not much time to prep so we'll have to throw another shin dig down in da Holland when we can fire the wood oven! So quac it is!!... I bring summa dat wit sum fresh chips! I didn't see West mention Hop Slayer so perhaps I can fill in the gaps with my personal stash! 8)
Mike
3ME Kite Sports
eus@3mekite. com
WaWaZat
Zen Levitator

Postby V » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:01 pm

I'm all for making pizzas as well...is there at least an oven somewhere? Or i can grab a bunch of brats if there's a grill...
V
Unstrapped!

Postby adseguy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:40 pm

SUP is cancelled (wind and temps)! Good news I guess cause I'd rather hang out with some of my buds that I haven't seen in a while and drink some good beers. Hitchin' a ride with Pier. Looks like all bases are covered on the food/beer side so I'll chip in extra for the pizzas. Landboarding perhaps? 8)
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,9,10,12 Epic Screamer
10,14 Eclipse Thruster
129cm Epic Spartan
adseguy
Wind Whore

Postby mrgrey » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:14 pm

adseguy wrote:SUP is cancelled (wind and temps)! Good news I guess cause I'd rather hang out with some of my buds that I haven't seen in a while and drink some good beers. Hitchin' a ride with Pier. Looks like all bases are covered on the food/beer side so I'll chip in extra for the pizzas. Landboarding perhaps? 8)

Glad to hear you can make it!

Grill is ready and available if we wanna make up sum brats, or whatever... Got propane and all is well. See everyone tomorrow! I will make a cant miss sign for yall coming. The ground is very soft and muddy and pitchin a tent is gonna be a very messy proposition to those whom wanted to. Would like to keep the lawn as in tact as possible. I am more than certain I can host indoors or if you wish pitch on the pavement. Lets play it by ear....
mrgrey
Resident Windfreak

Postby IVO » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:32 pm

Sounds great Matt,see you all tmr! 8)
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby xwindsurf » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:00 pm

Guys,
The temptation so see so many of you without rubber... pardon, neoprene, is just overwhelming, so screw the work, I'd love to come... But I couldn't figure out from all the posts - what time are you planning to be there?
Tom
--------------
773-725-2535
xwindsurf
Resident Windfreak

Postby sailfish » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:29 pm

This is from an earlier post:

I would like to say we brew from 1-4 or somewhere thereabouts. I will have the water hot and ready and set up for the event to cut down on brewing time. Anytime someone wants to come over and hang is cool by me... I will get a start on set-up around 11am or so and have the grill ready for anyone wantin to cook up somethin.

I'm planning to shoot for 11:30am. I was all set to bring foil, chips and taco shredded cheese to make nachos either on the grill or in the oven, plus guacamole, some of my favored hops companions, so I'm glad to see it's a theme!
Dave
sailfish
Chop Wrestler

Postby West » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:46 am

Yeah Mike, I got a mixed case of Hopslayer, Jack Stout, and Phat Chance from the pub; some cheese and crackers and smoked fish, and a couple of pounds of shrimp I aim to BBQ up...TG is bringin' a full cooler which means a FULL cooler, plenty of Michigan microbrews, and who knows how much food....

we Texans used to have a saying about a BBQ like this....."you come empty-handed we smash your car and leave you stranded", just a little anecdote to remind folks that when everyone pitches in, it always turns out great.......... 8)
West
Wind Whore

Postby West » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:55 am

a message from TG

Tent packed cooler, beer,brats, buns, smoked fish, cheese crackers, bean soup,

Chips and dip, sounds like it going to be a BRO GOOD TIME
West
Wind Whore

Postby dbur » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:26 am

Kahoona '09 9.5 white, 13.5 gold, 137 BRO