Where's Spring, Here's some insight

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Where's Spring, Here's some insight

Postby Northerner » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:39 pm

I write this next to my wood stove that is full of wood and burning strong as it is 15 degrees outside. Looking back a my log from last year at this time, I had 11 days days kiting mostly on 12 meter warmish winds. This year I have had four days, two in January and two in February both in cold gnarly conditions.

Today I started to ask how the Ground Hog was so wrong. The link below is the writing of a meteorologist in Milwaukee that specializes in long term forecasting trends. He has be spot on before and these are his thoughts on the March cold and when it will end. Good thing next week is spring break for me and I have a plane ticket to windward side of Grand Caymen.

http://www.wisn.com/weather/Weather-Blo ... index.html
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Re: Where's Spring, Here's some insight

Postby adseguy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:35 pm

Super good read. Thanks for posting! That world graph shows it even affects the trade winds, that's nuts.
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard
adseguy
Wind Whore

Re: Where's Spring, Here's some insight

Postby FSP » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:10 pm

the waves on the southend have been so amazing all month-offshore and long...didnt know spring wasnt here :D
FSP
Zen Levitator

Return to Open Forum