Some cool changes with Kiteriders for 2013

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Some cool changes with Kiteriders for 2013

Postby Bob » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:57 am

Hi,

I've been given an opportunity to spend more time and effort with kiteriders in 2013 and going forward. I'm super excited for this year and future years and wanted to post some changes going forward that will benefit current and future customers and friends. I need to run (time to deliver some surf boards), but below is one small teaser, so stay tuned for more info coming soon.

Edited on 3-19-2013 to add the link to my web site and the Axis web site with the new 2013 Axis kiteboards:

http://www.kiteridersllc.com/shoppingca ... 1dadf5bace

http://axiskiteboarding.com/

Thanks to everyone for all your past business and I'm looking forward to a great 2013.

Bob
http://www.kiteridersllc.com
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Boosticus Maximus

Re: Some cool changes with Kiteriders for 2013

Postby Bob » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:12 pm

As promised, here is another cool product being added to the mix this year at Kiteriders.

Soloshot is a new technology that is adding another dimension to amateur and professional video's. It follows the rider as they move, so self filming becomes much more convenient.

The unit comes with the orange mount, arm band and tripod. You use your own camera mounted on top.

I have them in stock as we speak and Karl B. used the unit today in Madison and may post a review soon.

http://soloshot.com/

Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Boosticus Maximus

Postby Northerner » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:56 pm

Cool stuff Bob, Looking forward to the next page that Kiteriders turns.

Best of Luck
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby Bob » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:23 pm

Thanks Andrew,

How was Shezablowin today? Madison was awesome in that we had "that day" where we ride right up to the ice flow on Lake Kegonsa and it's butter smooth. 8m and 10m winds.

Regarding more new products, here is another new fun piece of gear coming to Kiteriders for 2013.

12’0” X 31” X 5.1”

They went on closeout last week Thursday and I bought them all. When I first saw this SUP, it just made a lot of sense for this to be one of the best all around crossover boards on the market. It has a surf style outline from the middle to rear of the board and a displacement hull design up front. So if you are touring and cruising flat to choppy waters or waves, the displacement nose will cut through much better than a flat bottom nose. Then, if you want to ride waves, the middle to back of the board take over and it acts like a wave board.

I didn't think there was any way this Crossover Imagine Surf SUP (Dave Kalama designed) would ever go on closeout, but they did, so I snatched them all up right away. The only difference with 2013 is a change in graphics. No need to change an already great board.

Even though I bought them all, they had limited closeout stock. If you are at all interested, let me know asap. I have 2 boards already on hold.

From the Imagine Surf web site:

THE DO EVERYTHING MACHINE

This is a board for your core workouts, to entertain the family and for the weekend adventure. A clean sweeping V-bow cuts effortlessly through the water, before running into the subtle concave center section and shallow V tail.
If you’re the kind of paddler who wants to train on flat water, but still hit up and surf ocean waves when you can, then your prayers have been answered. The outline of the tail combined with the rocker make this board surf like a charm for its size.
While it can never compare to a dedicated surf shape, or to a speeding flatwater machine, this compromise is so effective that it remains our best-selling board.
Intec wood sandwich construction.

Retail is $1599....Selling for $1279.00 plus shipping. If within the region, we might be able to figure out free shipping if I'm visiting nearby on a windy day or meet half way.

Thanks as always for looking. Please note, the above picture is of the 2013 board.

Bob
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Boosticus Maximus

Postby Bob » Sun May 26, 2013 12:00 am

Next on the list of cool changes, additions, etc. is what was just posted on my web site. Same info as below.

http://mb.kiteridersllc.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2423

I've added Blade kites to the line-up of kites that I'm offering and wanted to officially announce the addition today of Blade kites to the Kiteriders family. I'm really stoked with this new addition and I have made a significant commitment with Blade Kites USA.

I have in stock all sizes of Triggers (5m, 7m, 9m, 10m, 12m and 14m), Primes (7m, 9m, 11m and 13m) and Fat lades (17m) and more coming in the future.

I've been spending a lot of time recently riding and testing the piss out of the 2013 Triggers and 2013 Fat Lady Light Wind Kite and as expected, they are awesome kites. I knew they would be great kites, but it's always fun to confirm. It took years for me to pull the "trigger" (excuse the pun), and I rode last years kites, but after talking with the US distributor, who I know well, it made sense for me to make this commitment for 2013 and beyond. Blade is a very dealer friendly company and I'm really stoked to offer the entire line-up of kites for 2013. Triggers, Primes and Fat Lady's.

The 2013 Fat Lady

It's everything it's billed to be. For a light wind kite, it's very fast turning, drifts well, relaunches easy, goes upwind much better than last years Fat lady and if you saw me jumping this kite recently, you'd be impressed with the height and hang time. To be honest, I've not been a fan of light wind kites, but this kite is fun and has a ton of performance. I've been able to hold down the Fat lady and 14m Trigger well past other kites in the same size and yet the low end is extremely impressive on these kites. I'm becoming stoked again on riding in lighter winds. Oh yea, the Uni Bar is small in comparison to most which really makes the turning speed impressive.

http://www.kiteridersllc.com/shoppingca ... cts_id=381

The 2013 Trigger

This kite rocks. Fast turning, Rockets upwind, extremely stable, jumps big and easy relaunch. It also drifts really well which is really hard to find all these characteristics all in one kite. The Uni Bar is small which makes it even more impressive that the turning speed is as fast as it is and yet has great low end, fast turning and great high end. Usually something has to give and not sure yet what it is. I will be honest though that for pure wave riding, I still pull my 2012 SS Rally's, but next time out I will pull a Trigger to compare. I can't yet give that comparison with waves, but have had some insane twin tip sessions on the Triggers and Fat Lady's.

http://www.kiteridersllc.com/shoppingca ... cts_id=382

The 2013 Prime

The Prime compares closest to the SS RPM. It has a lot of the same look and similar feel as the RPM, but I haven't had enough time on it yet to give a full comparison. Compared to the Trigger, it does sit further back in the wind window, has more bar pressure and a little slower turning, hence it should be better for unhooked riding. Turns are also more arc like instead of pivot turns like the Triggers.

http://www.kiteridersllc.com/shoppingca ... cts_id=383

The 2013 Uni Bar

This bar is really simple and effective. I was a little nervous about the above bar cleat, but Blade uses by far the easiest to adjust cleat on the market, so that concern is completely gone. The bar has a lot of great features and the web site shows and explains all the features and benefits much better than I can here.

http://bladekites.com/unibar

I'll be spending a lot of time at local and regional beaches this summer, so let me know if you would like a demo or if you have any questions. Take some time to look at the links as the Blade web site is impressive with great technical information.

Stay tuned for more cool things coming down the line. We're not done yet. It's going to be a fun year.

http://bladekites.com

http://www.kiteridersllc.com/shoppingca ... lter_id=36
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Boosticus Maximus

Postby IVO » Sun May 26, 2013 6:03 pm

Great updates for your "family" Bob..I was looking at these kites about 2 years ago,but they didnt catch my attention too much,now design and graphics seems much more cleaner,nicer!For some reason I still have Blade kites billed in my mind as a startup company,was quite a surprise for me to see price of these kites in ballpark as same or close to other major players in industry,Cabrinha,Naish,ect.Did they strike some major deal or something like that,I dont see pros pushing these kites around...Just curious!

anyway looking forward to demo one these kites next time I see you around,

maybe Mt.Baldy again? 8)
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby Bob » Sun May 26, 2013 10:45 pm

Hi Ivo,

Great questions. The pricing is quite competitive and the kites have not been around much in the US. Take a look at the web site and the team rider section and the entire team is overseas for the most part. The US market is now being run through distribution from a friend I've known for years (another dealer). The kites have had very little exposure in the US which is the reason you don't see many US pro's riding for them. That may change, but who knows for sure.

I don't take decisions like this lightly (bring on a new brand). It took me a while to make this decision. The 2012 kites were good, but the 2013's are much much better in my opinion. I know some guys have been on past Blade kites and didn't like that they didn't drift well, but the 2013 Trigger drifts really well and does a lot of other riding styles well.

Are you fully healed BTW?

Last week Thursday in Sheboygan was one of the best days ever on the water. Super fun day with long smooth waves. Hope you caught it on the bottom.
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Boosticus Maximus

Postby IVO » Mon May 27, 2013 8:33 pm

Cool Bob,will take a look on their web for sure!

I heard it was epic in Sheboygan,but I asked where the pic are...you guys are killing us without cam,gopro would do 8)

fyi.getting better,surfing for now only,but happy to be in the water again,thats all what it matters to me for now,but when she'll turn NW I'll be ready to throw a kite up again.
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby Bob » Mon May 27, 2013 8:52 pm

Andrew and Jens were sharing a go pro and had some great pics I guess, but the damn thing sank even with the float on it.

When it's great conditions, sometimes the pics in our heads are the only ones taken, but hoping to get more soon. Real pics and vids that is.

Glad to hear your mending well and see you on the water.
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Boosticus Maximus

Postby West » Tue May 28, 2013 7:53 am

It's a very RARE pic indeed that ever gives the day it's due.........words, my man, where are the words???

The question at hand is how was it compared to the infamous "Wi kiter" day?
West
Wind Whore

Postby Bob » Wed May 29, 2013 9:15 am

West, Too funny my friend. Wikiter day was classic, but now that is old news compared to the recent riding days. We've had 3 really good (cold and windy NNE) days in Sheboygan this year. 6m Slingshot Rally and smiles everywhere.

The last 2 sessions were the best I've ever had on MI and it's all due to the long, clean peeling waves that just keep coming and coming and coming. Plus it helps that we're all better riders than back then, but man, this place is magical when it fires on a NNE/NE day. At one point, we had 3 guys on one wave and each rider was at least a line length and half away from each other. I was furthest upwind and the wave just kept going and at the end it was probably a 20-30 second ride.

You have to work for it though. Rip down the line and rip back upwind. Repeat, repeat, repeat until the legs are toast.

I heard wikiter showed up one day but didn't see him on the water. That's to bad, cuz the scene on the water was nothing but hooting and hollering.

Missing (read - sank) is a floaty adhered go pro that belongs to the sheriff that has some great footage of him and Jens.

You are right that vids and pics don't do justice, and no-one has a written imagination as good as you. Looking forward to riding soon with you my friend. My time is more available these days, so if you see good days on the big lake down south, shoot me a text or call. Would love to join.

Later,
Bob
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Boosticus Maximus

Postby skysurfr » Wed May 29, 2013 12:05 pm

Bob-

Looks like a great lineup for 2013.

You continue to define what a great online retailer should be.

Thanks for being such a great addition to our community.

Mike
Mike

2007- Naish Thorn, Torch 16/12, 2008 10M Alliance. '07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish Midwest Team. GoPro Cameras! Red Helmet and Fashionable Football Shirt. :-)
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Postby Bob » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:24 pm

Thanks Mike,

Much appreciated.

Here's another update. For riders who are looking to increase your bag of tricks or for those who want to get dialed in better, we are offering more level 4 and 5 lessons with Jens, Karl or myself.

Jens and Karl can cover more advanced moves including handle passes, etc.

There are riders out there who want to get better, but unsure of what direction to go. Having a private one on one coach giving immediate feedback can help increase your riding greatly.

These are ride along lessons in Madison in Shallow waters so the rider and student can stop and talk while both flying kites. This is not a jet ski lesson, but one where the student can see what the coach is doing "live."

http://www.kiteridersllc.com/lev5.html

Thanks and keep posted for more cool things coming from Kiteriders.

Bob
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Boosticus Maximus

Return to Open Forum