and DAy 3 closes at wolf

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

and DAy 3 closes at wolf

Postby FSP » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:17 pm

Really powered wind again! Keep in mind this is the your 3rd day in June on a southerly..Thank your local waters!
FSP
Zen Levitator

Re: and DAy 3 closes at wolf

Postby Northerner » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:43 am

I for sure got to thank my local waters as I just finished with five straight days of 12 meter and under riding.

3 days we had south wind all day in mid to high 20's. 2 of the days it was a quick 2 hour window that brought in clean and strong 12 meter conditions close to shore.

Yesterday people were riding by 10 am and then we had some ups and downs as the clouds became a factor between 12 and 2:30. After 3 it was game on until 6:30 as the wind line strengthened and came in to shore from time to time.

Oh and how can I forget last thursday where we had clean and smooth head high plus peelers that allowed for ten plus turns per wave.

-Thanks Sheboygan
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby maly » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:26 am

Yeah , I went to Sheboygan yesterday on 12-13 S forecast and kited all afternoon overpowered at times on my 13m ,with
sun on my face !!!
Sheboygan is just like Corpus Christi - always windy, there is just one difference - there ain't as many Texans there :-)
Mario
maly
Adrenaline Junkie

Postby FSP » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:47 am

so nice to kite hard and b local to get things done, b cool with wife and see the kids. Hate killing time with all the kiting logistics so lets hope for more like this last couple weeks. onward!
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby WaWaZat » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:54 pm

Seems one of our boys... who can't access the forum himself... was anxious to get his Saturday evening on and left a bar, board and harness on the Wolf grass. When the last of us left, it was 'cause of the torrential rains a-pourin'. Did anyone happen to grab this stuff in the mad rush to pack down? I didn't notice as there were still at least 3 of you left as I was pulling away so gear was still somewhat festooned. No sign of it at 7a this morn.
Mike
3ME Kite Sports
eus@3mekite. com
WaWaZat
Zen Levitator

Postby qomat » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:45 pm

Looks like Mani was the last one.

Does anyone know who Mani is :) or has #
qomat
Pump Master

Postby WaWaZat » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:37 pm

qomat wrote:Looks like Mani was the last one.

Does anyone know who Mani is :) or has #

Yep, I text him earlier and he said he saw stuff laying there but assumed it was one of the other guy's gear. Like I said, it was a mad rush to get out of there. Perhaps try the park district or police to see if someone turned it in.
Mike
3ME Kite Sports
eus@3mekite. com
WaWaZat
Zen Levitator

Postby kitenick » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:13 am

the forum is all about helping and informing others. should we have a rule that says "last one takes anything left on the beach" I know if it were my gear I would appreciate it.
kitenick
Adrenaline Junkie

Postby WaWaZat » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:48 am

kitenick wrote:the forum is all about helping and informing others. should we have a rule that says "last one takes anything left on the beach" I know if it were my gear I would appreciate it.

That's the typical etiquette. I've always done that and every time I've forgotten or found something, have always gotten it back or have, most of the time, found the rightful owner.
Mike
3ME Kite Sports
eus@3mekite. com
WaWaZat
Zen Levitator

Postby mrgrey » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:42 am

I know this sounds bad but check Craigslist and EBay if it does not turn up soon. I spoke to a few kiters that fond gear they lost on there. Sometimes pawn shops list on there too.. Good Luck and hope it turns up for ya.
mrgrey
Resident Windfreak

Postby zulutimer » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:53 pm

I saw the stuff sitting there when I packed up and left during the rain but assumed it was Manni's, or someone by their car. If it was just one item it may have struck me to think it was left behind, but that much gear sitting around, and still at least one rider there.... it never struck me that someone may have left ALL that gear by accident. I mean, just a kite and it woulda been a whole rig!

sorry
Paul
zulutimer
Kite Crew in Training

Postby qomat » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:37 pm

Thanks guys.

I agree with "last one to take it all policy". We did it not so long ago and saved one whose name will not be said a lot of money.

I still don't know why Marcin/ Lucipher left it (maybe because of the age :) ). We went there early next day and security guard didn't have anything.

If anyone wants to help him. I already started craigslist and ebay.

Board was Nobile blue NHP
Naish Bar
Dakine Pyro -brown/black harness
Last edited by qomat on Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qomat
Pump Master

Postby WaWaZat » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:43 pm

qomat wrote:I still don't know why Marcin/ Lucipher left it (maybe because of the age :) ).

I still think he was anxious to get his Sat night rockin'.... he DID have his GF waiting for him in the van.....
Mike
3ME Kite Sports
eus@3mekite. com
WaWaZat
Zen Levitator

Postby WaWaZat » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:49 pm

zulutimer wrote:I saw the stuff sitting there when I packed up and left during the rain but assumed it was Manni's, or someone by their car. If it was just one item it may have struck me to think it was left behind, but that much gear sitting around, and still at least one rider there.... it never struck me that someone may have left ALL that gear by accident. I mean, just a kite and it woulda been a whole rig!

sorry
And Manni told me he assumed the same, figuring it might be yours. That and if you guys high-tailed it like I did shortly after the sky opened... wasn't much time to think about who left what while trying to quickly stuff our own gear in to the car.
Mike
3ME Kite Sports
eus@3mekite. com
WaWaZat
Zen Levitator

Postby qomat » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:02 pm

LOL

I told him the same thing..."did she promise you something so you just drove away" :)
qomat
Pump Master

Return to Where to Ride Today