can i get some likes?

Pictures and Videos of locals or just great shots. Put em here and brag to your buds about your mad skills fo-shizzle.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

can i get some likes?

Postby FSP » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:53 pm

found this of matt lennert on a lake :shock: .. wowwwwww i cant wait to get my mc on..is this what we like when the wind dies or what??? waiting by the sunset.

FSP
Zen Levitator

Re: can i get some likes?

Postby jensmadwind » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:39 am

i like me some superior
10 mph?
jensmadwind
Zen Levitator

Postby FSP » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:03 pm

jensmadwind wrote:i like me some superior

gonna send u some baldy from the opposite end
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby IVO » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:09 pm

cool pic indeed!

FSP wrote:
jensmadwind wrote:i like me some superior

gonna send u some baldy from the opposite end

fyi,.no need for sure Scotty,everytime Baldy was going off same group of riders showing up including Jens of course.

Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby mrgrey » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:43 am

Sweet Stuff!
mrgrey
Resident Windfreak

Postby FSP » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:55 pm

IVO wrote:fyi,.no need for sure Scotty,everytime Baldy was going off same group of riders showing up including Jens of course.

IVVOOOOO ya I introduced ole jens to baldy back when you were learning to launch a kite :D :D :D :D Those pics may be new to you but we have tackled the place for years, between that and mc, or the harbor mouth it IMO puts out is a true contender for the most powerful wave on Lake m.

Its a whole other thing to paddle out there on an sup just as the wind has died. Lets see you get that pic snapshot!
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby IVO » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:52 pm

FSP wrote:IVVOOOOO ya I introduced ole jens to baldy back when you were learning to launch a kite :D :D :D :D

Feels like Im in kindergarten again,,yeah buddy I know that you were there with Jens back in days and to put that girly jibe you throw at me on the right track,actually in that time I wasnt even kiting yet :wink:

But you sound quite optimistic,maybe you'll go there again after years when its moving,so far there was~is different group riding that spot . :idea:
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby FSP » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:28 pm

haaaaa..hey i have special place for you on other side of pier at the annual sept baaaabomb WNW/NW sesh at MC this year when 3rd sandbars out past the lighthouse will be thundering ur name :D :D :D

you want a wake up call? haaa cmon man trust me..u willll see the lake different!!
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby IVO » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:31 am

NW is shitty in MC,no need to have discussion on this topic anymore,you like it I dont,WNW is great there,but again we both know it..September is nice since those S gales starting to roll in.

it might be time for you to share knowledge of MC with peeps who are just starting with this beautiful sport
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby West » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:51 am

I can only imagine how many turns homeboy carved on that face.... :roll: might as well be paddling a kayak, canoe, or barge for that matter.........

Seriously, SUP's were made for going downstream with a flyrod in one hand and a Milwaukee's Best in the other.....might as well break out the ol' Windsurfer One Design with a 4 foot removable dagger board, no footstraps and a one-piece teak boom; catch a wave and call it wavesailing!!!!
West
Wind Whore

Postby FSP » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:26 pm

IVO000 haaa when we gonna see you kite like you write :D :D :D West-if you dont do it then then it does not rIp? you didnt shortboard surf all that time in maui?? whoaaa thats kinda heavy and pretty one of a kind for a wave guru! hmmm? Now how bout some props for the sick drive that sup broooos got dropn huge on that killer wave? thats sik no matter how you home slicers dice it! cut some respect boys!!!
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby West » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:26 am

Nah buddy, I got no issues with SUPs...I just don't consider that surfing; just like I don't think a guy who paddles a kayak into a wave is "surfing it".....Surfing requires making the drop into the critical section of the wave, NOT catching a wave crest on the outside while standing up and riding it towards shore..... :wink: And yes, I surfed many a wave on MAUI, I just never stood up to paddle into them...

I actually think that riding a SUP on Lake Michigan is quite practical. It looks kewl and is probably a lot of fun for a lot of folks, but I will tell you that when the wind dies and kiters are reaching for their paddles to go out and chase down some waves...I will be grabbing a cold one, and sitting back on the beach to revel in the memories of the kiting day as the horizon grips the sun and squeezes the last bit of light out of the falling orange....

Nastravi to the Windy City Wavehound Matt Lennert!!!
West
Wind Whore

Postby FSP » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:51 am

I say "brocrap! And we think kiting has a "drop"? I hear u if u have been out and got some bruises getting a beat down on those weak drops as u say. I can say u would be scared shitless on that baby drop above especially without ur kite! Chk some vids with ur Suds or better yet see where it has gone firsthand. Just this year, the young guns have figure out big air 360s!! Are u kidding? That would missing out huge on bashing something u don't do. It's intense and awesome for kiters when the wind has died. And who gives a sheet about the volume when ur snapping a turn in the same place a shortboarder would-don't make me go posting pics now! Kiters should sup the surf..it's great extended action that will only make u better in the surf. I just spent $2500 on an all carbon wave tool and that's a lot of cash to not be 100% convinced for a kiter who lives da surf!
FSP
Zen Levitator

Return to Pictures and Videos