Mecca bound 7/4-7

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Mecca bound 7/4-7

Postby IVO » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:57 pm

Heading out for 4th July annual kiting to Lsp,as of now Thursday,Friday should be 12m conditions and Saturday,Sunday off the hook.If you gonna come to kite dont forget to get us much upwind as possible from all beachgores,since you'll be setting up upwind of them,ask if you wont be sure,

camps are always full,if you need you can always find spot here http://www.michigan.org/property/timberview/ thats where we are staying and if you cool and dont mind 20+ polish,czech and lithuanian group rumble all night long come for party.

Theres poor to no signal there

Looks like boys in Sheboygan gonna have hands full as well and Im still looking Westerly for my ride on Saturday,Sunday to Betsie,come forward buddy :lol:

Have fun all and good winds!

Trooper
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Re: Mecca bound 7/4-7

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:00 am

Ivo have a good trip out there! I convinced my wife to back to LSP and she said yes including gear this time!
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Postby sjcavill » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:55 pm

IVO

i'm gonna try to make it to LSP on sat or sunday. i'll be with fam in union pier, MI, so its a 2.5 hr drive from there...not making promises, but we'll see.
sjcavill
Board Monkey

Postby Northerner » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:00 am

Yo Ivo, how was the trip, lets here about the riding

We had 9 out 0f 10 days of 10-12 meter riding moslty when you combine that 5 day north followed by the south.

July 4th was light but nice 12-14 meter riding with the 5th and the 6th being world class lit up 10-12 meter riding featuring smooth wind along the shore all day.

Sunday the 7th gave us 2 hours of strong wind on the outside until the clouds killed it
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby FSP » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:10 am

wow sheboygan is pretty incredible for 9/10 days of riding!!! good on you boys!
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby IVO » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:35 pm

Great you scored so many days in a row Andrew,beginning of week was quite difficult after "holidays" at Mecca.We had great time,amazing group came along.Thursday and Friday was 9to12m day,smooth wind.Saturday only morning worked,not sure what happen that day,since I didn't see forecast and all magic factors were in,not much of wind in afternoon,we saw some front rolling in wayyyy south of us.Sunday was the best..7-9m,went for downwinder with Petr and Lino,we had to milk our way from begging to get closer to Mecca,but than bammmmmm..it was on like donkeykong:)))

Should I add even Roman came for Mecca bound,now that's something!

Met some old friends from Ann harbor,good times on tap all the time
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby IVO » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:11 pm

Mecca madness :lol: :twisted: :lol:

IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby West » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:18 am

LMAO Trooper!!!!!!!! What a way to start the day, always FUN rolling with those boyz....... :lol:

And to think Roman even made the trip, that is just great. For those not in the know, Ivo found his own personal campground several years back, and it is outstanding!!!! I imagine the campfires at night with no moon and all those stars was just something else. Sure wish I could have made it, way to bring the good karma up to the Mecca buddy...nicely done........

Did they have cherries and blueberries ready for the pickin too?
West
Wind Whore

Postby FSP » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:58 am

no epic wigs? but did get some waves on that thermal front..next day was just pumpin on the downies. summalove

FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby IVO » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:31 pm

Yup ready,but we were lazy and got cheery pie for breakfast on those farms:)

Stargazing every night,you knew it!
IVO
Zen Levitator

Return to Where to Ride Today