Cars broken into by waukegan beach

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Cars broken into by waukegan beach

Postby snowball » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:22 pm

Heard from the yacht club. Several cars got broken into at the marina right next to Waukegan beach. They all were parked inbetween bigger suvs so out of clear sight. Just be aware not to leave any valuables visible when you park and keep an eye out if you see anything suspicious.
My Quiver: Slingshot Fuels, Best Waroos, Mystic Harness, Brokite Board, Zap Skimboard, Naish Surfboard.

KITEBOARDING LESSONS - WATER - SNOW - LAND + GEAR SALES !!!

Owner at http://www.ChicagoKiteboardingLessons.com Email: Chicagokitelessons@gmail.com
snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Re: Cars broken into by waukegan beach

Postby skysurfr » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:16 am

Thanks for the heads up Henry!

We get lulled into a false sense of security. I've had 1 Army Field Jacket stolen and 1 harness stolen at Montrose.

They sell those real estate key safes at Home Depot etc. You can store your car key in it while you are on the water. You can hook it to the frame of your car etc if you don't have a spare non-electronic key to keep with you.

Best advicce...watch out for each other!

Mike
Mike

2007- Naish Thorn, Torch 16/12, 2008 10M Alliance. '07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish Midwest Team. GoPro Cameras! Red Helmet and Fashionable Football Shirt. :-)
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Re: Cars broken into by waukegan beach

Postby V » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:03 pm

In the marina? I'd be pissed as boat owners have to pay for all that and what service or security do they get? I have a good friend that keeps his boat in Waukegan and will ask him what's up. He was in Canada fishing this weekend so I'm sure glad he wasn't affected.
V
Unstrapped!

Return to Open Forum