Found Harness and Booties at MC....

Find some booty? Reunite lost gear with its owner here, you gear-poacher you.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Found Harness and Booties at MC....

Postby skysurfr » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:10 pm

From the cold case file...

We found a harness and booties at MC today, on the street at the end of the park. It's a Star Harness.

I found the owner, it's Scott Schappe... however he lost it TWO YEARS AGO!

I asked around a bit and discovered it was found two years ago and advertised here. After nobody claimed it, it was sold as an unclaimed lost and found item.

Not sure if it goes back to the original owner, or the new owner. We don't know who the new owner is.

None the less.. Scotty G has the Harness and Booties in MC.
Mike

2007- Naish Thorn, Torch 16/12, 2008 10M Alliance. '07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish Midwest Team. GoPro Cameras! Red Helmet and Fashionable Football Shirt. :-)
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Re: Found Harness and Booties at MC....

Postby skysurfr » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:11 pm

Mike

2007- Naish Thorn, Torch 16/12, 2008 10M Alliance. '07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish Midwest Team. GoPro Cameras! Red Helmet and Fashionable Football Shirt. :-)
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Re: Found Harness and Booties at MC....

Postby WaWaZat » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:57 pm

Wow! So I picked up this harness off Keegs over 2 years ago. Put up a post then, asked around, Google searched the name... nothing. Harness sat here for over a year before I let Amanda use it for teaching. Then when Amanda was liquidating everything for her big move, she had a student interested in it so I let her sell it. Now a year later, the new owner leaves it at MC along with a pair of boots! Scotty G hangs on to the stuff for claim. Amanda & I can't quite remember who it was sold to at 1st but Mike Urban somehow finds the original owner's phone number in a Google search. At the same time we're tracking down the 2nd owner, I run across this pic of found harness, taken not a week earlier in Tawas, wrapped around the 2nd owner! I chat with him and offer a new harness minus what he paid Amanda last year. He agrees. I then call the 1st owner, explain the entire story and told him he will be getting his long lost harness back. He insists the 2nd owner keep it. Great karma bouncing all around!! If nothing else, it's a fun story!

Mike
3ME Kite Sports
eus@3mekite.com
WaWaZat
Zen Levitator

Return to Lost and Found