Southerly Flow 8/17

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Re: Southerly Flow 8/17

Postby Bob » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:08 am

Yea, I was first on the water yesterday at Sheboygan but with a little prodding from the Sheriff.

Everyone else was mostly taking their time due to riding the last 3 days, but it's been 4-5 weeks since riding and I had to go.

It just didn't look like much wind on the outside, but Andrew said rig a 12m and go. Usually you can see if there's an obvious wind line, but it was hard to see one, so I wasn't convinced a 12m would be enough. Oh hell yea it was. Actually too much at times especially for a lighter wind surf board. I took his advice and once I was 200 yards from shore, I was powered. Once out further, it was on, but as mentioned, the water was cold. Not cool, but cold.

Late in the afternoon a handful of us rode in the harbor behind the break wall and the water was about 20 degrees warmer and super easy to boost big in their. Greg threw a bomb jumping right over my lines. Would have been cool if I had a camera for evidence.

Great day on the water and riding with everyone. Let's hope this pattern continues with great winds this fall.
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Wind Whore

Previous

Return to Where to Ride Today