8/25 Sheboygan

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

8/25 Sheboygan

Postby frnkmxwll » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:04 am

I've never been up to Sheboygan before. Can any local riders comment on conditions today? It's the SSW /SW acceptable? Any one else heading out there?
frnkmxwll
Board Monkey

Re: 8/25 Sheboygan

Postby Northerner » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:29 am

Sheboygan is in tough spot. I worry that the SSW wind predicted for Sheboygan will be to strong and not bend as weaker one does. Anything over around 20 can just blast out into the lake creating off shore wind. Now with the sunny skies and south flow north of here their is good chance that it will turn south and rip. Wind might be gusty at the launch but good down by the hotel.

The state park can handle a SSW wind nicely if it is off shore in town, then for another 50 minutes there is Two Rivers
I'd rather be Rollerblading
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby Northerner » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:09 pm

sheboygan is off shore, heading to TR
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby Northerner » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:36 pm

Got just over two very good hours of 10-12 meter riding in TR. Almost no wind on the water making for extreme flat water with glassy knee to wasit waves. Wind was very smooth and strong up top making for big airs. Water is very cold still on this side again causing a thermal block.

Spoke to a guy in Door county and they had gusty 9-10 meter riding in baileys harbor
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Return to Where to Ride Today