Car Pools for Monday?

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Car Pools for Monday?

Postby Patrick.McIntosh » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:47 pm

Whats up everyone?

To start off with i'm a beginner looking for some safe riding! Labor day is here and that means most people are off of work, school, ect. I'm a college student in River Forest (Oak Park) am I'm looking to get out for a ride.

I've been seeing the wind is going to be S to SSE all day at a good speed so I was seeing if I could bum a ride off of anyone (gas payment included ofcourse) in the close Chicago area to go to Waukegan or Zion or any other beach for a day trip. Like I said I'm a college student and I'm actually from Oklahoma so I don't have a car, but am more than happy to make my commute as far as the CTA can take me to meet up for a ride. This will be my first time riding in this area and I'm JACKED to get out there, just looking to try to make something work.

Thanks everyone
Kiter Noob

Re: Car Pools for Monday?

Postby kitekid21 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:22 pm

I'm heading around to the other side of the lake tomorrow, and could definitely pick you up, but it does sound like you're a beginner (the wind prediction for tomorrow is all N, NNW, NW). That means that Waukegan and Zion are a no-go. That's ok though! I'll have a vehicle hopefully around 9:30 and I'll be coming through the city on 290. We can talk windy things and you can get a feel for the area. :D

Send me a PM or gmail works.
I'm the guy in the obnoxious board shorts, always. Twitter: @chi_surfer
Resident Windfreak

Return to Where to Ride Today