Noob Intro

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Noob Intro

Postby AiR_GuNNeR » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:36 pm

I've been wind surfing for 30 years and got 'hooked' on kiteboarding a couple of weeks ago watching the action at Tawas. Last week I happened across a nearly new 2012 setup that suited my size, (225lb 6-1) and experience, (none...). I got a Best Kahuna 13.4 and a Liquid Force Edge 146 board, daKine seat harness, pump, bag, etc... I may need to buy new foot straps for it as they are a bit snug.
I have a 3.5m Hydra trainer kite arriving this week as well. I plan on extensive practice with the trainer and then lessons at Tawas hopefully in the fall. Tawas is 2.5hrs away. Holland is 2 hrs away. I sure wish I still lived in Racine where I grew up.
AiR_GuNNeR
Board Monkey

Re: Noob Intro

Postby skysurfr » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:08 pm

Welcome aboard....

Where are you now?

Mike
Mike

2007- Naish Thorn, Torch 16/12, 2008 10M Alliance. '07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish Midwest Team. GoPro Cameras! Red Helmet and Fashionable Football Shirt. :-)
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Postby skysurfr » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:11 pm

there may be some screw adjustments possible on your footstraps? Are they adjustable with velcro etc? There are often other holes int he board and in the strap to make them wider, or the instep higher and more narrow etc. Needing bigger straps usually isn't a problem unless you're a size 13 plus?
Mike

2007- Naish Thorn, Torch 16/12, 2008 10M Alliance. '07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish Midwest Team. GoPro Cameras! Red Helmet and Fashionable Football Shirt. :-)
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Postby AiR_GuNNeR » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:16 pm

I'm in Brighton right now. I take a 13 EEE shoe, (get me a big enough kite, I won't need aboard). The straps do have a bungee adjustment chord for adjustment. I can get my feet in and work them in the rest of the way with my toes, but I doubt I could get my wind surf booties into them.
The straps do to have position adjustments for angling your feet, and of course a hole assortment on the board for strap placement.
I found the posting of the google maps engine. What a great resource! It looks like I have a spot about an hour away at the sterling state park. The guy I bought the setup from has a friend that is an instructor that lives in the Holland area, (Brian Johnson..you guys probably know him?)
Eric
AiR_GuNNeR
Board Monkey

Postby caseyknotts » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:38 am

welcome....i travel to that area alot...also new to the sport and learning...maybe i will see ya out....have fun
caseyknotts
Sand Bagger

Postby AiR_GuNNeR » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:30 pm

caseyknotts wrote:welcome....i travel to that area alot...also new to the sport and learning...maybe i will see ya out....have fun

Casey, where you at Tawas August 22nd? I met a guy that was starting out and had his equipment with him.
AiR_GuNNeR
Board Monkey

Postby caseyknotts » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:07 pm

nope not me...i was in the area yesterday...no wind...so we enjoyed a few of the local waterholes...wind looks good today tho...maybe planning on making it up on sat. if things look good
caseyknotts
Sand Bagger

Return to Open Forum