Montrose Guards- thanks! (last day)

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Montrose Guards- thanks! (last day)

Postby skysurfr » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:20 pm

I paid a visit to the Guard house at Montrose today. On behalf of all of us, I expressed our thanks for another great summer season. I emphasized how much we appreciate the guards keeping the swimmers out of the water sports launch area. I talked to several guards on the beach as well... they were all smiles when I thanked them.

The guards are now gone for the season. The CPD will be working on the beach, removing the chairs etc for the next few weeks. The red and green markers are already gone.

Thanks to everyone for cooperating and following the rules this season!

Mike
Mike

2007- Naish Thorn, Torch 16/12, 2008 10M Alliance. '07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish Midwest Team. GoPro Cameras! Red Helmet and Fashionable Football Shirt. :-)
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Re: Montrose Guards- thanks! (last day)

Postby adseguy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:39 am

Let's also emphasize that this doesn't mean it's a free for all now either. If anything, this is where it's most dangerous since random swimmers will swim far out where we are. Tough to spot and annoying to keep track of. Same rules apply with the streamers and staying away from beachgoers, etc.
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard
adseguy
Wind Whore

Re: Montrose Guards- thanks! (last day)

Postby skysurfr » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:23 am

Indeed....for the next few weeks there will still be swimmers in the water, people on the beach, birdwatchers, and dog people. The Surf shop is staying until November. Don't forget the kayaks and surfers.

.... now lets have some fun out there!

:-P
Mike

2007- Naish Thorn, Torch 16/12, 2008 10M Alliance. '07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish Midwest Team. GoPro Cameras! Red Helmet and Fashionable Football Shirt. :-)
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Return to Open Forum