Sunday 8th Sept

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Sunday 8th Sept

Postby Kiwi » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:00 pm

Where is the best flat water spot on this north east wind direction in Chicago. Waukegan behind the break wall?
Kiwi
Sand Bagger

Re: Sunday 8th Sept

Postby kitekid21 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:53 pm

There's really not much flat water in Chicago that I'm aware of. The area behind the break wall gets crowded quickly and doesn't leave much room for error, but yes, it can be found there. We'll see how others chime in.
I'm the guy in the obnoxious board shorts, always. Twitter: @chi_surfer
kitekid21
Resident Windfreak

Postby Kiwi » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:06 am

So do you think I should remove the post? Are the beaches crowded with public users still at this time of year?
Kiwi
Sand Bagger

Postby Kiwi » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:09 am

About 4 months ago when I was last there I was the only one session ink that spot have things changed?
Kiwi
Sand Bagger

Postby a_lopez » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:18 am

Anyone going to Waukegan north of break wall, or to Zion?
Alan
Kahoona 7.5 / Best Nemesis 10 / RRD Hypertype 12 / Taboo 14
a_lopez
Board Monkey

Postby kitekid21 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:14 pm

Don't remove the post. It's useful just for other people to see it. The beach season is officially closed as of last weekend, but that doesn't mean that there won't be people at the beaches. Beaches like Waukegan don't have lifeguards anyway... so essentially, nothing has changed. North of the break wall is fine, but bear in mind that the winds are less than consistent and that Zion is more suited for kiteboarding. I'm personally of the opinion that it's the whole setting (dunes, huge beach, etc...) that make kiting great, so I don't mind possibly not having perfect conditions.

I still think it's a bit too early to be thinking about Sunday, especially given how many times we've been skunked in Chicagoland as of late, so I'll check back in tomorrow evening.

If you were the only one at Waukegan, chances are that you would have been better off going somewhere else. If Waukegan is going to be good, there will be other kiters there.
I'm the guy in the obnoxious board shorts, always. Twitter: @chi_surfer
kitekid21
Resident Windfreak

Return to Open Forum