King Of The Great Lakes Test Fest

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

King Of The Great Lakes Test Fest

Postby Bryce FLK » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:13 pm

Gents,

I am trying to see if anyone is interested in renting a house with me for the 2013 KOGL test fest in Grand Haven, MI

Its Sept 27 - 29th. I have been the last few years and even with super light winds we still got to kite and demo the bigger brand new kites. All the guys there are real cool and chill. In the past I have met some of the Michigan born Best Kiteboarding Pros who all like to have a good time.

So if a lot of people show interest, we can try and get a bigger house like 6-7 bedrooms. If its only a few of you, we can rent something small. Either way I am thinking walking distance to the after parties.... being a DD isnt fun.

I realize the bunch of you, like me, are terrible at committing to stuff. Just give me an idea of your likelihood to go... If no one commits then I am setting up a 2 person tent at the state beach and none of you are welcome in my tent.

https://www.facebook.com/events/448600881905890/
Bryce

Six-1-Six, 951-244four
7M Yellow Epic Nano
10M Red/Black Airush DNA
12M Black/Blue Airush Vapor X
"If your getting rad and there is no one there to see you get rad, are you really getting rad?" -GNAR
Bryce FLK
Resident Windfreak

Re: King Of The Great Lakes Test Fest

Postby Bryce FLK » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:23 pm

10 days out, anyone interested? Im planning on camping unless anyone shows interest
Bryce

Six-1-Six, 951-244four
7M Yellow Epic Nano
10M Red/Black Airush DNA
12M Black/Blue Airush Vapor X
"If your getting rad and there is no one there to see you get rad, are you really getting rad?" -GNAR
Bryce FLK
Resident Windfreak

Postby Rorke » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:34 pm

I just got tickets and a place.
It has been years since i have gone. Damn, what a riot that was!
Hope to see some familiar faces.
Rorke
IKO Certified Instructor
USCG Master 100T
USCG Approved Instructor/Examiner
Red Cross - First Aid / CPR Instructor

http://www.lakeeffectkite.com
Rorke
Zen Levitator

Postby West » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:39 am

Yeah buddy....unfortunately most of the wind will most likely be on the other side of the lake or farther up North.... :shock:

Of course that is almost always the case...the only way to plan a kite event on the BIG LAKE is not to plan it, it should be pending, but do to the sponsorships etc. that is next to impossible. It will be a great time with the Michigan kiters and the other travelling kiters that attend, and kudos to Steve and MACKITE for putting it on annually, it's always a blast regardless of the conditions....

Have a great time, and salute the Madison-Chicago-FondduLac multitude across the lake in Shesablowin' where the wind and waves will be, and the grand sendoff for Pena, who is heading down to Belize with his Streamline and his honey.. :)
West
Wind Whore

Return to Open Forum