Getting Started

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Getting Started

Postby Steve » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:21 am

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone out there has the contact info for Chicago Kitesurfing. I'm interested in taking lessons however every time I've tired emailing them using their site it errors out and my message is returned saying that that address is no longer in service. Are they still offering lessons? Thanks

-Steve
Steve

Postby V » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:31 am

Steve, we don't do lessons anymore here, sorry about that.. Search the messageboard for the word "lessons" and you'll get info for Bob at Kiteriders and the guys at Mackinaw Kites in SW-MI. They can hook you up. Don't get lessons from anyone else around here (chicago) since they won't have a jetski for support and retrieval and they don't have as much experience as these other guys. Its worth the hour drive and you're going to drive an hour to an open beach anyway.
V
Unstrapped!

Postby kris » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:44 am

Bob at Kiteriders was super helpfull,

One hour of help from him saved countless hours of frustration of me trying to figure this out on my own.

Besides, at the rate Bob charges I feel like I just barely covered his expenses let alone his time. And when the wind was blowing perfect and he's out chasing you around with a jet ski instead of kiting himself, it only reassures me of his dedication to others.

fivestars

- kris
kris
Boosticus Maximus

Thanks

Postby Steven » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:09 pm

Just wanted to thank you guys for your help. I really do appreciate it. I must admit it's been hard finding someplace in the Midwest that offers some help on the matter. Take care guys

-steve
Steven

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:34 pm

Hey V,

I don't think it's a fair judgement to say not to take lessons here in Chicago. As respect to your forum I won't talk more about lessons in Chicago BUT to say that instructors in Chicago don't have much expirience etc. etc. is absolultey wrong.

In the future feel free and endorse other places but pls. do not put down other excellent operation. We in Chicago also have PASA and IKO certified instructors.

I do agree that lessons here are very difficult to plan or for that matter the whole midwest but when it's good it's good.

Peace........over and out

Gerard

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:39 pm

you dont hardly need a jet ski if your in side on conditions which is the norm for teaching. learning to get in is a necessary part of the lesson anyway, and think a jet ski is gonna be there for ya when the lesson is over?

Return to Open Forum