Air Rush 3m trainer

If you got some new digs, thinkin its gonna help your kiting step-up to the next level, blow out your used gear here and watch that grom shred harder than you on your old kite.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Air Rush 3m trainer

Postby chrisr » Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:18 pm

I have an Air Rush 3m trainer kite for sale. I purchased this kite in February thinking that I would be able to come up with the cash to upgrade to a full size kite and board this summer. Well... my wife is pregnant and there is no extra funds to pursue a new sport. I have to let this dream fade for a year or two...

Here's the deal. I paid $215 for this kite, I have used it maybe a dozen times, It has no battle scars and is still in great shape. I'd be stoked to get $125 for it but am willing to consider reasonable offers. Let me know what you think.

Chris
chrisr
Kiter Noob

Airush3m

Postby Carl » Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:06 pm

The 3 meter Airush is a great trainer kite. I actually used mine in the snow last year - kiteski w/ 20+ mph winds.
Carl
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Carl
Board Monkey

Advisable to use a trainer?

Postby Jai » Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:33 am

Is it advisable to spend a few weeks with a trainer kite before jumping in with one of the larger "shreddin kites".

I'm an avid 'extreme' skier and snoboarder, excellent water skier, and a great body surfer when I lived in (and now visit) Hawaii. But for some reason, seeing you guys kite surf looks like it may have a pretty high learning curve.

I'm looking to pick up some equipment soon - I want to get started this season. I'll be posting a message in the general forum if you want to answer there too.
Jai
Sand Bagger

Postby chrisr » Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:03 pm

I am sure everybody has different opinions...

I was told to get really comfortable with a trainer kite and to spend about 20 hours flying a trainer to make the transistion to a full size kite much easier. After flying this trainer kite near where guys were launching full-size kites I could see the benefit in understanding kite dynamics...
chrisr
Kiter Noob

Postby Jai » Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:17 pm

How do I get in touch with you, can you post your email address?

Jai
Jai
Sand Bagger

Guys

Postby V » Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:54 pm

Guys, be sure to check out the Kite Dynamics Page for general info:

Kite Dynamics

Good luck and let us know at Chicago Kitesurfing if you have any questions. Just post 'em on the messageboard...
V
Unstrapped!

125 for a 3m trainer

Postby bcruz » Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:20 pm

$125 for a 3m trainer can't be beat. If you are looking to get into the sport, pick this thing up. You can sell it to the next new guy that comes along for the same price, as long as you don't beat it up too much.
bcruz
Site Admin

tip

Postby ChicagoKitesurfing » Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:31 am

How do I get in touch with you, can you post your email address?

Jai, maybe you didn't notice, but someone who makes their email address available will have the "email" button displayed at the bottom of each of their posts. Just click that button and you can easily send an email to the person.
ChicagoKitesurfing
Site Admin

Postby chrisr » Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:28 pm

Kite has been sold... thanks for the inquiries and comments

Chris
chrisr
Kiter Noob

Return to Kiteboarding Equipment for Sale